Waking Up Together: A Weekend of Zen Practice
- Copper Beech Institute
- 303 Tunxis Rd., West Hartford, CT 06107
- Mar 23 - 25, 2018 (3 days)
- Commuter - $275.00 Private Bedroom, Shared Bath - Queen Bed - $425.00 Private Bedroom, Private Bath - Queen Bed - $700.00
IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners, and those of all religious and non-religious affiliations
Shunryu Suzuki is famous for saying, “Each of you is perfect the way you are … and you can use a little improvement.” Zen is the art of paradoxically living these two truths simultaneously and meeting each moment exactly as it is with readiness and openness.
During this weekend retreat, we’ll explore Zen practice from an experiential and embodied perspective. Modeled on the traditional Zen retreat or sesshin, this silent retreat includes:
- Wisdom from the Buddhist and Christian traditions
- Beginner’s instruction
- Zazen (seated meditation)
- Kinhin (walking meditation) and Chanting
- Dharma talks and Daisan (one on one interviews with the teacher)
Easy on and off shoes are recommended.
Tuition is $200 plus accommodations.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.