Yoga Teachers Training Course February 2019
- Sivananda Yoga Vietnam
- Dalat, Vietnam
- Feb 16 - Mar 16, 2019 (29 days)
- Shared 4-person - $2,400.00
The benefits of Sivananda yoga are fully experienced through immersion in the yogic lifestyle and a combination of repeated, guided group practice and inspirational theoretical lessons.
This is offered in a positive and uplifting environment. The many benefits that students report are greater self-awareness, a sense of connection, a newfound sense of self–discipline, enhanced self–esteem, improved power of concentration and increased strength and flexibility.
• Effects of asanas on the physical and astral body
• Proper postural alignment and deep relaxation
• The basic practices: kapalabhati, anuloma viloma
• The six classical exercises for purifying the body
Hatha Yoga Theory
• The astral body, nadis and chakras
How to Teach
• Teaching the sun salutation and the 12 basic postures
• How to teach beginners and intermediate students
• How to adapt teaching to special groups
Anatomy and Physiology
• The effects of yoga practices on major body systems
Yoga Philosophy and Psychology
• The four paths of yoga: karma, bhakti, raja and jnana
• Psychology of the spiritual aspirant
• The law of karma
Yogic Diet and Nutrition
• Physical, ethical & spiritual reasons for vegetarianism
• Twelve-step guideline to meditation
• Mantras, mantra initiation (if requested)
Kirtan (chanting classical Sanskrit chants)
• Positive effects of chanting on emotions
• Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
• Study and commentary of the classical scripture
5:30 a.m. Wake-up Bell
6:00 a.m. Satsang (meditation, chanting, lecture)
8:00 a.m. Asana & Pranayama Class
10:00 a.m. Vegetarian Brunch
11:00 a.m. Karma Yoga (helping in the ashram)
12:00 p.m. Chanting or Bhagavad Gita Class
2:00 p.m. Main Lecture
4:00 p.m. Asana & Pranayama (teaching techniques)
6:00 p.m. Vegetarian Dinner
7:30 p.m. Satsang (meditation, chanting, lecture)
This schedule is followed 6 days of the week, with one day off for resting, studying, etc.
Upon successful completion, students receive a certificate of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers, and are entitled Yoga Siromani(teacher of yoga). This training is registered by and fulfills the requirements of the Yoga Alliance 200-hour certification.
Questions and Answers
The address and an access to the K’LAN resort from Dalat airport. K Lan resort, Hoa Hong Street, ward 4, Tuyen Lam Lake, Dalat. Or we can provide pick up airport service。400.000vnd/one way. Please book with us by email ahead of time.
Do they provide towels to the guests? Yes
How is the internet situation there? wifi service normally available
Do they offer laundry service? 25.000 vnd/set (1 pant, 1 T-shirt)
Admission / Guidelines
Admission – Though a basic knowledge of yoga postures and philosophy is helpful, beginners are welcome. The course is intense and demands discipline. You must be sincere in your desire to learn and follow the rules. Please note that in keeping with the ancient Yoga tradition, spiritual practices such as meditation, mantra chanting, ceremonies, selfless service and study of philosophy constitute a large part of this program. Please do not attend this course if you just want to practice postures, breathing and relaxation. To preserve the spiritual atmosphere of the ashram, no meat, fish, eggs, alcohol, tobacco or narcotics are allowed. Participation in all classes and punctuality are mandatory.
• Participation in all classes and punctuality are mandatory.
• Wearing of uniforms is expected for all satsangs and lectures.
• The basic guidelines are: No drugs, alcohol, smoking, non-vegetarian food items, nudity and promiscuity, weapons, loud music, backbiting and profanity.
• You need to have health insurance or sign a medical health release.