Yoga Teachers Training Course Nov 2018
- Sivananda Yoga Vietnam
- Dalat, Vietnam
- Oct 27 - Nov 24, 2018 (29 days)
- Shared 4-person - $2,400.00 Shared (2-person) - $3,400.00 Single Room - $3,852.00 Phòng 4 người - $1,408.00 Phòng 2 người - $3,082.00 Phòng 1 người - $3,520.00 (All prices include $0.00 base amount)
The benefits of Sivananda yoga are fully experienced through immersion in the yogic lifestyle and a combination of repeated, guided group practice and inspirational theoretical lessons.
This is offered in a positive and uplifting environment. The many benefits that students report are greater self-awareness, a sense of connection, a newfound sense of self–discipline, enhanced self–esteem, improved power of concentration and increased strength and flexibility.
• Effects of asanas on the physical and astral body
• Proper postural alignment and deep relaxation
• The basic practices: kapalabhati, anuloma viloma
• The six classical exercises for purifying the body
Hatha Yoga Theory
• The astral body, nadis and chakras
How to Teach
• Teaching the sun salutation and the 12 basic postures
• How to teach beginners and intermediate students
• How to adapt teaching to special groups
Anatomy and Physiology
• The effects of yoga practices on major body systems
Yoga Philosophy and Psychology
• The four paths of yoga: karma, bhakti, raja and jnana
• Psychology of the spiritual aspirant
• The law of karma
Yogic Diet and Nutrition
• Physical, ethical & spiritual reasons for vegetarianism
• Twelve-step guideline to meditation
• Mantras, mantra initiation (if requested)
Kirtan (chanting classical Sanskrit chants)
• Positive effects of chanting on emotions
• Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
• Study and commentary of the classical scripture
5:30 a.m. Wake-up Bell
6:00 a.m. Satsang (meditation, chanting, lecture)
8:00 a.m. Asana & Pranayama Class
10:00 a.m. Vegetarian Brunch
11:00 a.m. Karma Yoga (helping in the ashram)
12:00 p.m. Chanting or Bhagavad Gita Class
2:00 p.m. Main Lecture
4:00 p.m. Asana & Pranayama (teaching techniques)
6:00 p.m. Vegetarian Dinner
8:00 p.m. Satsang (meditation, chanting, lecture)
This schedule is followed 6 days of the week, with one day off for resting, studying, etc.
Upon successful completion, students receive a certificate of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers, and are entitled Yoga Siromani(teacher of yoga). This training is registered by and fulfills the requirements of the Yoga Alliance 200-hour certification.
The course is offered at K’Lan resort in the temperate climate of Da Lat. Da Lat is a very popular destination for its cool and stable weather, which hovers between a pleasant 15°C (average daily minimum) to 24°C (average daily maximum) and attractive landscape of colonial villas, gardens, lakes and rolling hills. Located around 1,400 meters above the sea level, it is indeed an ideal place for Yoga retreat, summer escape and on-top-of-the-list rest and relaxation site in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Da Lat market has always been a must-see site for visitors with its locally-made specialties such as artichoke tea, candied fruits, coffee and the finest cool climate vegetables and flowers in Vietnam.
Questions and Answers
The address and an access to the K’LAN resort from Dalat airport. K Lan resort, Tuyen Lam Lake, Dalat. Or we can provide pick up airport service。400.000vnd/one way.
Do they provide towels to the guests? Yes
How is the internet situation there? free internet in everyroom
Do they offer laundry service? 25.000 vnd/set
Accommodations and Cost
All rooms with bathroom.
Shared (2 people) $3740
Shared (3 people) $2970
Shared (4 people) $2640
To ease the registration process, students should make their payments in full before arriving at the ashram and fill out the necessary paperwork beforehand.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival – Oct 28, 2018
Departure – Nov 11, 2018
By Air – If you are flying from a far away country to Vietnam, we recommend to book a flight to Dalat with Vietnam Airlines. Take any major airline to fly to Tan Son Nhat (SGN) airport located in Ho Chi Minh City. Then take a local flight on Vietnam Airlines to Lien Khuong Airport in Da Lat. We recommend to take the am flight.
By Bus – If you want to travel by bus it is 8 hours to Dalat from HCM. The address is – Thanh Buoi Bus station: 202-204 Lê Hồng Phong, District 5 , Hochiminh. When you arrive in Dalat there is a shuttle from the bus station to downtown Dalat. They offer you shuttle bus to the Ashram with 5 USD/trip.
What to Bring
• Two sets of uniforms are provided, but you will need to bring modest, comfortable clothes for asana practice plus casual clothes.
• The weather is temperate, so bring a sweater, raincoat, and good walking shoes for hiking.
• Bring your own yoga mat, meditation cushion, meditation shawls, blankets, toiletries, books, notebooks, pens, flashlights, alarm clocks, Personal Item ( toothpaste, brush,…). Postage stamps will be available in the boutique.
• Banking: It is preferable that you change money at the airport and bring enough for your purchases in the boutique, transportation fees for weekend outings, field trips and extras like massage, etc.
Admission / Guidelines
Admission – Though a basic knowledge of yoga postures and philosophy is helpful, beginners are welcome. The course is intense and demands discipline. You must be sincere in your desire to learn and follow the rules. Please note that in keeping with the ancient Yoga tradition, spiritual practices such as meditation, mantra chanting, ceremonies, selfless service and study of philosophy constitute a large part of this program. Please do not attend this course if you just want to practice postures, breathing and relaxation. To preserve the spiritual atmosphere of the ashram, no meat, fish, eggs, alcohol, tobacco or narcotics are allowed. Participation in all classes and punctuality are mandatory.
• Participation in all classes and punctuality are mandatory.
• Wearing of uniforms is expected for all satsangs and lectures.
• The basic guidelines are: No drugs, alcohol, smoking, non-vegetarian food items, nudity and promiscuity, weapons, loud music, backbiting and profanity.
• You need to have health insurance or sign a medical health release.