YOGA UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN WITH SHEILA MCVAY | June 2 - 9, 2018
- Il Borghino Retreat Centre
- Pieve Santo Stefano, Farneta, Lucca, LU, Italia
- Jun 2 - 9, 2018 (8 days)
- From $1850 (USD)
Experience “la dolce vita” in the beautiful Tuscan Hills…a destination that conjures dreams of extraordinary art and culture, quaint villages, sumptuous food, tasty wine, idyllic landscapes and so much more.
Join Sheila McVay for a week of Yoga in Italy. Soak up the sun, unplug from your hectic daily life and reconnect to your heart as you participate in daily yoga and meditation practice, explore the local village of Lucca, walk down the road for a wine tasting, wander through the picturesque Cinque Terre, dine on fresh wholesome food, spoil yourself with a massage, and make new friends.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
Optional Excursions and Activities
During your retreat week, there are so many optional activities to do so – you can choose be as relaxed or as active as you desire.
Examples of things to do include:
- A fabulous Day trip to Cinque Terre – this is a full day trip to explore the five breath taking coastal villages embedded in rocky cliffs along one of Italy’s most scenic stretches of Liguria. For those who are hikers, it is possible to spend a day walking and climbing between these beautiful villages and enjoy some spectacular scenery along the way. For others, you can still enjoy walking the more gentle trails, spend time swimming, exploring the villages or sampling some of the local delights.
- Tuscan wine tasting excursion to a local bio-dynamic winery. We go by foot along the “Strada del Vino” (the wine road) and after a tour of the winery and gardens, we settle in to taste some excellent wines. The estate also produces olive oil, honey and pasta. The scenery is beautiful, overlooking vineyards and olive groves.
- There are also other choices of optional activities and excursions, designed to give you a taste of Tuscany and the local culture, without it feeling like a organized tour. For example, enjoy a walking/biking tour of the enchanting village of Lucca, an afternoon soaking up the healing waters in a thermal spa, an evening in the thriving artist village of Pietrasanta, a relaxing massage or spa treatment or a cooking class with our very own cook!
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.