YOGA + WALKING RETREAT IN ITALY WITH DOROTHY PRICE | AUGUST 25 – SEPT 1, 2018
- Il Borghino Retreat Centre
- Pieve Santo Stefano, Farneta, Lucca, LU, Italia
- Aug 25, 2018 - Sep 1, 2018 (8 days)
- From €1825 pp (EUR) *
A 7-day rejuvenating yoga + walking retreat in Tuscany will feed your body, mind and soul with daily pranayama, meditation and mindful Hatha flow yoga.
Whether you are new on the yoga path or an experienced yogi, this retreat is suitable for all levels. Each morning will begin with meditation and pranayama followed by an energetically balanced physical practice to energize the mind and body for the day ahead. In the afternoons, the practice will explore the asanas more deeply, working to calm, restore and heal body, mind & spirit. Yin classes and Yoga Nidra will be offered on occasion.
Our twice daily yoga sessions will be a balanced combination of sustained poses as well as poses flowing in a mindful progression from one to another (Hatha Flow). Mindfulness and focus on breath are an integral part of class. Attention is always given to basic alignment & therapeutic principals.
- Modifications are offered to help individuals understand and work with their own unique limitations.
- Classes are balanced with energy, to give you a good physical work-out and calm to keep you balanced.
- Classes are suited for all levels of practice
Every day we will also methodically work through pranayama techniques designed to purify the body and prepare the mind for meditation. Explore a number of meditation styles to find which one/s work best for you. All taught on a beginner level.
Optional Excursions + Activities:
- Informal bike & walking tour of Lucca (3 hrs)
- Wine Tasting Excursion (3-4 hrs): Includes a scenic 3 km walk (each way) to a beautiful winery, followed by a very interesting tour and a tasting. (taxi can be hired if preferred)
- Cooking Class at Il Bourghino (2-3 hrs)
- Day Trip exploring the breath taking Cinque Terre Region, walking & hiking (or travel between the villages by train) between the 5 spectacular coastal villages
- Excursion to the lively artist’s village of Pietrasanta (1/2 day). We will go here on the evening that supper is not provided at the Villa.
- In-house massages and spa treatments