3 Year Spiritual Deepening for Global Transformation Program
- The Christine Center
- Wisconsin, United States
- Feb 1, 2018 - Feb 1, 2020 (731 days)
- $1600 per year
Over the course of Twelve Weekends in 3 years, Choose a commitment to your own Spiritual Deepening.
Year One: The Art of Contemplative Living
Beginning with Life: Learning from Experience
- Explore the age-old story of our relationship with self, others, God and the cosmos.
- How does what I believe about myself inform my search for meaning, authentic relationships, humility before the Divine and commitment to my life’s work?
- What wisdom is mine from the spiritual path of contemplatives both East and West?
Growing into Myself: Becoming Who I Am
- Learn ways to grow into your true self by listening with the heart, breathing with the spirit, practicing loving kindness and cultivating a disarming hospitality.
Living our Heart’s Desire: Longing for the Holy
- Learn to awaken to the spiritual dimension.
- Out of the quiet grows the truth that the longing of the heart is for deep peace.
Loving Deeply: Finding the Compassionate Center
- In silence, you are invited to practice mindfulness, concentration, walking, and loving kindness meditations drawn from the Buddhist tradition as well as from the contemplative practices of the Christian mystics
- Experience how the contemplative life reveals Spirit in our hearts and in and through all beings.
Year Two: Awakening the Spiritual/Earth Body
Opening to Spirit: The Transforming Power of Knowing Who I Am
- Free yourself of judgments to more easily access your true self.
- Learn to confront and be free of your inner critic.
Awake to Earth, Awake to My Self: What Matters on the Spiritual Path
- Discover the body/soul connection of indigenous wisdom. Learn how to engage creation as your teacher and experience soulful encounters with the natural world.
- Learn practical ways to support well-being and harmony in everyday life.
My Body, My Self: Transformative Embodiment
- Using sound, movement and other physical modalities, you will explore the sacred connection of body, mind, and soul.
Holding Center: Creativity for the Sake of Soul and the World
- Based on both Eastern and Western wisdom, learn how mandalas are symbols of wholeness and how they honor the Self and awaken to holy creativity.
- Listen to Spirit and create wholeness of your life for your soul’s sake and that of the world.
Year Three: Spirit Leadership for Global Transformation
Collaborative Leadership: Conscious Participation in Group Life
- Learn how to view human societies, our collective beliefs, behaviors, spiritualities and actions through the lens of Spirit.
- Begin to create an integrated, authentic vision of your life against the backdrop of your family, community, and with all life.
Energetic Activism for the Sake of All Life: Conscious Participation in Group Life
- Explore both the grace and shadow of group process.
- Discover powerful ways of participating with others for both personal and group transformation.
Going Deep: A Discernment Retreat
- In honor of winter’s gestating energy and in the spirit of a vision quest, you will journey within, both alone and together with the group.
- An opportunity to listen deeply to discover the blessings for your life and for the world.
The Power of Ritual: Celebrating Three Years of Transformative Commitment
- Learn how to use ritual to create community, heal, inspire, comfort, celebrate, and transform. The weekend will conclude with a festive high ritual to celebrate your dedication and your gifts.
"While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart." ~Francis of Assisi