Taoist Qigong Level 1 / El nivel 1 del qigong
- Casa Werma
- Mar 24, 2018 (1 day)
- $85.00 - Program Tuition / Inscripción completa en USD $108.00 - Pay-It-Forward Tuition / Pago con generosidad en USD $60.00 - Subsidized Tuition
Taoist qigong is a spiritual discipline that cultivates body and mind simultaneously. Originally called taoyin, which means ‘guiding the flow of internal energy (qi), it has been practiced for over two thousand years in China. Laozi, the founder of Taoism, was said to have been the first to practice techniques of conserving, gathering, cultivating, nourishing, and transforming energies that are the source of a healthy body and a clear mind.
The techniques of Taoist qigong were systematized during the Han dynasty (3rd century BCE to 3rd century CE) by the father of Chinese medicine Hua Tu. From then on taoyin, or qigong, has been incorporated into Taoist spiritual practices up to the present day.
The techniques of Taoist qigong can be divided into three categories – outer, inner, and secret.
- Outer qigong focuses on physical strengthening.
- Inner qigong focuses on nourishing the internal organs and gathering and conserving energy.
- Secret qigong focuses on dissolving the duality of mind and body to merge with the primordial energy of the Tao.
No spiritual discipline is complete without integrating its formal practices into everyday life. In this respect, Taoist qigong advocates a lifestyle of simplicity and moderation, encourages the cultivation of generosity, compassion, and wisdom, and fosters the development of honor and respect for ourselves and the world.
- Talk: The Xiantianwujimen and Yiquan Qigong Lineages
- Introduction to Xiantianwujimen and Yiquan Zhangzhuan
- No prerequisites
- Talk: The Triplex Unity and the Energetic Map of the Body
- The Nine Self-Massage System
- Twelve Devas Tendon-Changing System
- Prerequisite: Level 1
Eva Wong, author and translator of 13 books on the Taoist arts of health, meditation and qigong, is the 19th-generation lineage carrier of Xiantianwujimen Taoism and 3rd-generation student of Wang Xiangzhai, founder of the Yiquan martial arts and Zhangshuan (standing qigong).
For more information about Seven Stars Taoist Training, please visit Dr. Wong’s website: https://www.limitlessgate.com/