The Ultimate Path of “Renunciation”
- Heartwood Refuge and Retreat Center
- 159 Osceola Rd. Hendersonville NC 28739
- Mar 23 - 25, 2018 (3 days)
- $138.00 - Commuters Only (This Retreat is Full) Cost is $138 plus dana offered at the end of the retreat to the teacher and to Heartwood. You can read more about the practice of dana here. Commuters attend the full retreat,…
Single rooms are issued based on availability, and are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The Buddhist path is founded on “renunciation” from worldly life. But what does renunciation really mean? What does “renunciation” look like for a standard lay person in today’s modern world characterized by many as a “climate of chaos”? And how does one go about initiating the “renouncing process”?
Join Buddhist Insight Meditation teacher Ronya Banks at the beautiful Heartwood Refuge Retreat center in Hendersonville, NC, as she guides you in Buddhist contemplative processes to deepen your meditation practice, and help you in your renunciation journey; a journey designed to set your mind and heart free – free to engage wisely in any circumstances.
This Insight (Vipassana) Meditation retreat is a silent meditation retreat taking place over two nights and three days. The daily schedule will consist of alternating periods of sitting and walking meditation, plus optional Mindful Movement practice.
The teacher, Ronya Banks, will offer a daily dharma talk and meetings with participants.
The retreat is appropriate for those who are new to retreat practice as well as for those with more experience. All are welcome.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Parking
- Gluten Free