The Ins and Outs of a Picture Book and Its Many Forms 2018
- Highlights Foundation
- Aug 26 - 29, 2018 (4 days)
- $1,099.00 - Program Price
Crafting Characters, Storyboarding with an Illustrator Eye, Revising Strategies, Stand-out Submissions, School Visits, and MORE
The word count may be short, but the work is long. Let celebrated picture book authors Bethany Hegedus, Salina Yoon, and Carmen Oliver help you navigate the ins and outs of the picture book form.
This hands-on workshop will help you discover what you must write and how to get that work ready for submission to editors and agents. Along with one-on-one critique sessions and opportunities for critical feedback, Bethany, Carmen, and Salina will cover:
- The Picture Book Biography Only You Can Write
- Creating Compelling Characters Readers Care About
- From Submission to School Visits, and Everything in Between
- Scene and Structure in Picture Books
- How to Keep “I Think I Can” Alive on the Path to Publication
- Writing by Storyboard: A Good Story is Like a Rollercoaster
- Revising: If You Love the Work, It Will Love You Back
- SOS: Stand-Out Submissions
Writers or illustrators will be asked to submit up to five pages of a board, concept, picture book, or early chapter book.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.