Meditation and Self-Study Certification Course
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- 14651 Ballantree Lane, Grass Valley, CA, 95949, USA
- Sep 30 - Oct 9, 2018 (10 days)
- Tent - Bring Your Own - $950.00 Tent - Ashram Provided - $1,085.00 Om Cabin - Shared - $1,085.00 Om Cabin - Private - $1,670.00 Siva Cabin - Shared - $1,580.00 Siva Cabin - Private - $2,030.00 Deluxe Shanti Cabin - Shared -…
Relax, take a break from your life and discover how to find inner peace, contentment and happiness through the powerful tool of meditation. Discover the secret to balanced living and spiritual insight.
For ten days, students will immerse themselves in learning what meditation is, why meditate, how to meditate, and the obstacles they will encounter, eventually building a sustainable and balanced meditation practice that is compatible with their life.
This course is ideal for sincere aspirants, yoga teachers, therapists, and health professionals. The course offers an opportunity for you to know your mind under the guidance of an experienced meditation teacher. You will learn the basic techniques of meditation according to the four classical paths of Yoga.
You will learn how to:
- Improve your concentration and focus in your daily life
- Experience less stress & anxiety
- Reduce anger & frustration
- Enjoy greater inner peace & happiness
- Increase your confidence & self-esteem
- Improve your mental and physical well being
- Develop a positive outlook on life and better relationships
- Basic techniques of meditation according to the four classical paths of Yoga
- How to create space for meditation
- The use of mantras and visualization
- Thought power and transformation
- How to practice self-observation and develop awareness
- Mechanics of the mind
- Concentration theory and practice
- Mental and emotional obstacles to meditation
- How to deal with the subconscious
- Theory of karma
- Purification of the three bodies
- Prana and pranayama
6-8am Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting and lecture
8-10am Yoga Class
11am Karma Yoga
1-3pm Meditation and the Mind Workshop
3-4pm Free Time and Nature walks
4-6pm Yoga Class
Suggested Reading Material
“Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy” & “Positive Thinking Manual”
by Swami Sitaramananda
“Meditation and Mantras”
by Swami Vishnu-devananda
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.