Yoga Health Education Weekend – Diabetes
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- 14651 Ballantree Lane, Grass Valley, CA, 95949, USA
- Sep 28 - 30, 2018 (3 days)
- Tent - Bring Your Own - $190.00 Tent - Ashram Provided - $220.00 Om Cabin - Shared - $220.00 Om Cabin - Private - $350.00 Siva Cabin - Shared - $330.00 Siva Cabin - Private - $430.00 Deluxe Shanti Cabin - Shared - $330.00…
This weekend Meditation retreat in Grass Valley, CA, will introduce you to the basic guidelines for classical yogic meditation. This course is ideal for beginners in meditation. If you are curious about meditation, if you want to know what meditation is and how to do it, this course is for you. You will practice yoga postures, yoga breathing and meditation twice per day, participate in daily kirtan chanting sessions, enjoy 2 delicious organic, vegetarian meals, and learn about the specifics of meditation from an experienced meditation teacher.
Benefits of Meditation
- Increases focus and concentration
- Lowers blood pressure, naturally
- Balances right and left hemispheres of the brain
- Provides a natural energy boost
- Increases problem-solving ability
- Heightens awareness throughout your day
- Develops inner peace and tranquility
- Balances the mind and emotions
- Increases sense of joy and happiness
- – the mind and how it works
- – how to manage the emotions
- – improving concentration
- – using mantras
- – guidance on healthy lifestyle.
The Yoga and meditation retreat participants will study the basic yoga psychology from Patanjali Yoga Sutras, and learn how to manage your mind effectively to reach your optimum health and well being and attain success in Life and Self-realization!
Participants follow the ashram daily schedule. You will be personally guided on your first attempts to meditate, coached by an experienced meditation teacher.
6-8am Satsang: Guided silent meditation practice, chanting and lecture
8-10am Yoga Class
11am Karma Yoga
1pm Meditation Workshop
4-6pm Yoga Class
7-8pm Free Time
8-10pm Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm with Orientation followed by Satsang,
Departure: The course will end at 2pm on final day
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Sunday, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Textbook: “Essentias of Yoga Practice and Philosophy” by Swami Sitaramananda
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.