Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- 14651 Ballantree Lane, Grass Valley, CA, 95949, USA
- Sep 17 - 19, 2018 (3 days)
- Tent - Bring Your Own - $425.00 Tent - Ashram Provided - $455.00 Om Cabin - Shared - $455.00 Om Cabin - Private - $585.00 Siva Cabin - Shared - $565.00 Siva Cabin - Private - $665.00 Deluxe Shanti Cabin - Shared - $565.00…
Restorative Yoga is a very gentle yoga practice designed to calm the nervous system and create overall health in the body. It offers simple yet powerful postures that can be integrated into existing yoga classes, healing treatments, or used to teach restorative specific classes. Restorative Yoga is a regenerative healing tool that reduces stress by supporting the body’s innate responses towards homeostasis and health. Through the use of supported yoga postures, breathing and meditative techniques, a profound sense of relaxation can infuse one’s entire being which leads to healing. Restorative Yoga techniques are helpful in the treatment of nervous system disorders, such as insomnia, hypertension, anxiety, and also with specific ailments such as cancer, although it often used for structural re-alignment and the healing of injuries. When the body is fully supported, it will naturally relax, releasing deeply held tensions. Restorative yoga is the yoga of non-doing, and focuses on effortlessness and ease, using well-placed blankets, bolsters, yoga straps, and chairs to safely support the body in various postures. This process invokes a natural state of balance, regeneration, and healing rest.
During this 12 hour program, learn a full series of restorative postures, complemented with gentle stretching, breathing, and meditation. Through direct experience and lectures you leave with the ability to teach to incorporate restorative yoga into your own practices. The Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is an experiential and fundamentals course designed to provide teachers with a foundation for teaching a safe and effective restorative practice. Students will learn how to meet each student where they are, no matter the age or ability, and teach safe effective postures to heal the body and relax the mind.
The course offering is 12 hours. Certified Yoga Instructors wishing to expand their knowledge of restorative Yoga, teach restorative yoga classes and add to their class offerings.
You will learn:
- The benefits of restorative yoga.
- Asanas that naturally induce a state of relaxation and restoration
- How to effectively support the body in each posture with props
- How to support people with injuries, stress or chronic pain
- Restorative postures that can be effectively integrated into Hatha Yoga Classes
- Restorative Yoga as a stand alone practice
You will be able to:
- set up restorative poses to re-align, re-balance and restore
- to ease agitation and promote relaxation
- suggest postures for particular therapeutic effects
- explain the organic and emotional benefits of postures
- develop a greater understanding of the healing process
- The Fundamentals of Teaching Restorative Yoga
- Basics of Restorative Yoga Poses
- Understanding the Nervous System: Parasympathetic and Sympathetic
- How Restorative Yoga Affects the Nervous System.
- Stress related disorders caused by an imbalanced nervous system.
- The psychology of deep support
- Restorative yoga and the emotions, and the Mind
6 am – Satsang – topic related to Restorative Yoga
8 am – Gentle Movements asana class
10 am – Brunch
12 – 4 pm – Workshop with Sundari
4 pm – Restorative yoga practice
6pm – Dinner
8 pm – Satsang
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin on the first Date with Ashram Orientation at 7pm followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will finish on the final date after the final workshop.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on the first Day making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.