Beginners Yoga Course, Level 1
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- Sep 16 - 21, 2018 (6 days)
- Tent - Bring Your Own - $400.00 Tent - Ashram Provided - $475.00 Om Cabin - Shared - $475.00 Om Cabin - Private - $800.00 Siva Cabin - Shared - $750.00 Siva Cabin - Private - $1,000.00 Deluxe Shanti Cabin - Shared - $750.00…
This week is ideal for beginners, or those new to Sivananda Yoga. This course gives you the full yogic experience, progressively introducing yoga asanas, breathing exercises, meditation, mantra chanting and yoga philosophy and it will cover the 5 points of Yoga. You will be immersed in the daily routine of yoga and will experience wholesome vegetarian meals. You will leave rested and refreshed with the basic knowledge of how to continue to practice at home.
– Step by step guide to the basic 12 postures, explanation of benefits of the postures
– What is classical yoga? Intro to the tradition of lineage of the yoga masters
– What is the purpose and what are the methods of classical yoga?
– Basic philosophy about happiness, health, life, freedom
– Difference between yoga asana and physical exercises
– Yogic techniques of breathing
– Vegetarianism-the how and why
– Relaxation and stress management
– Positive thinking
– Basic technique of meditationThe yogic daily routine
6-8am Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting and lecture
8-10am Beginners Yoga Class
11am Karma Yoga
1-3pm Beginners Workshop
3-4pm Free Time and Nature walks
4-6pm Open Yoga Class
7-8pm Free Time
8-10pm Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Textbook: “Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy” by Swami Sitaramananda
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.