Yoga Health Education Camp – Chronic Pain
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- 14651 Ballantree Lane, Grass Valley, CA, 95949, USA
- Sep 23 - 28, 2018 (6 days)
- Tent - Bring Your Own - $400.00 Tent - Ashram Provided - $475.00 Om Cabin - Shared - $475.00 Om Cabin - Private - $800.00 Siva Cabin - Shared - $750.00 Siva Cabin - Private - $1,000.00 Deluxe Shanti Cabin - Shared - $750.00…
Pain seems to be conscious and cognitive. Persisting pain is related to changes in the physical body and neuroplastic changes in the nervous system. The “danger button” is constantly activated. Pain changes us in many ways. There are equally many ways to change it back. Develop skills to keep your body, breath and mind calm. Put some evidence-based pain self-care processes in your pain care toolkit. There is hope for finding more peace and ease.
- Acute and chronic pain conditions and management.
- Breath Awareness and Breath Regulation – Pain is changeable;
- Reset the protective systems
- Mind body awareness – Become a pro at feeling non-pain sensation
- Body Tension Regulation and Release – Stay at the edge of pain
- Awareness of Thoughts and Emotions – Interconnection
- Anti inflammatory vegetarian diet
06:00 – 07:30 am Satsang: silent meditation, chanting and lecture
08:00 – 10:00 am Special Yoga therapeutic class – adapted to condition
10:00 – 10:45 am Vegetarian Brunch
11:00 – 12:00 pm Karma Yoga
01:00 – 03:00 pm Yoga Health Workshop
04:00 – 06:00 pm Special Yoga therapeutic class – adapted to condition
06:00 – 06:45 pm Vegetarian Dinner
08:00 – 09:30 pm Satsang: silent meditation, chanting and lecture
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Textbook: “Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy” by Swami Sitaramananda
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.