- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- 14651 Ballantree Lane, Grass Valley, CA, 95949, USA
- Sep 7 - 10, 2018 (4 days)
- Tent - Bring Your Own - $500.00 Tent - Ashram Provided - $545.00 Om Cabin - Shared - $545.00 Om Cabin - Private - $740.00 Siva Cabin - Shared - $710.00 Siva Cabin - Private - $860.00 Deluxe Shanti Cabin - Shared - $710.00…
The Accessible Yoga Teacher Training program focuses on how to make the Yoga teachings available to everyone, regardless of their level of physical ability. We’ll explore the many ways that Yoga practice can be modified to suit students with disabilities, physical challenges, and seniors. This can range from teaching gentle Yoga classes, to teaching entire classes in a chair or in a bed. We’ll discuss group classes as well as one-on-one sessions.
A large part of the program is dedicated to the study and teaching of Yoga philosophy, which includes how to prepare and present a public talk. Together, these skills help teachers gain a clear understanding of the Yoga teachings so that they can teach in almost any setting with confidence and skill. The goal of the training is to support you in designing a specialty yoga program for a specific population of your choosing.
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology -Overview of common medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, respiratory diseases, cancer, HIV/AIDS, and heart disease -A review of some of the major impacts of aging on the physical body.
- Yoga Psychology: How to empower people with disabilities by giving them a deep understanding of the Yoga teachings.
- Pranayama and Meditation: How to make the subtle practices available for all students, regardless of ability.
- Essential elements of a modified Yoga class, either on the floor, in a chair or in bed.
- How to build a strong community among yoga students to support the individual, transformational process of Yoga
- One-on-one classes – completing an intake process, designing and teaching a Yoga class for an individual student
Daily Schedule (Thursday – Sunday)
6-8am…………… Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting and lecture
8-10am………. Accessible Yoga Workshop
12-4pm……… Accessible Yoga Workshop
4-6pm………….. Open Yoga Class
7-8pm………. Practice Teaching Sessions
8-10pm………… Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 4pm on the Final date.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
- slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.