Yoga Health Education Camp – Stress Management
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- Aug 12 - 17, 2018 (6 days)
- Tent - Bring Your Own - $440.00 Tent - Ashram Provided - $515.00 Om Cabin - Shared - $515.00 Om Cabin - Private - $840.00 Siva Cabin - Shared - $790.00 Siva Cabin - Private - $1,040.00 Deluxe Shanti Cabin - Shared - $790.00…
More than 70% of doctor visits are due to diseases or health conditions caused by stress. Stress adversely affects physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual health if untreated for long periods of time. This 5-day Camp will help you to recognize the sources of stress in your daily life and provides the Yogic tools to increase one’s stress resilience and cultivate a positive outlook on life as we address our lifestyle choices and how to change them through:
- Intro to the 5 Points of Yoga for Integral Health
- 5 Causes of Stress According to Yoga
- Proper Breathing and Prana
- Proper Relaxation
- Positive Thinking / Thought Power
- eating a balanced, vegetarian diet
- limiting caffeine and alcohol
- proper sleep
- regular exercise (asana)
- regular meditation
- creative pursuits
- spiritual diary writing
- conscious breathing exercises (pranayama)
- recognizing factors that trigger stress response
06:00 – 07:30 am Satsang: silent meditation, chanting and lecture
08:00 – 10:00 am Special Yoga therapeutic class – adapted to condition
10:00 – 10:45 am Vegetarian Brunch
11:00 – 12:00 pm Karma Yoga
01:00 – 03:00 pm Yoga Health Workshop
04:00 – 06:00 pm Special Yoga therapeutic class – adapted to condition
06:00 – 06:45 pm Vegetarian Dinner
08:00 – 09:30 pm Satsang: silent meditation, chanting and lecture
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Textbook: “Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy” by Swami Sitaramananda
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.