Jyotish Foundations Beginner Course
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- 14651 Ballantree Lane, Grass Valley, CA, 95949, USA
- Jun 25 - 29, 2018 (5 days)
- Tent - Bring Your Own - $350.00 Tent - Ashram Provided - $410.00 Om Cabin - Shared - $410.00 Om Cabin - Private - $670.00 Siva Cabin - Shared - $630.00 Siva Cabin - Private - $830.00 Deluxe Shanti Cabin - Shared - $630.00…
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to study Vedic Astrology for Beginners in an easy to understand but comprehensive course. This intensive course is designed to give a comprehensive understanding and grounding in the principles of Vedic Astrology. The course will cover the Vedic Philosophy on Karma and the basics in chart reading. Students will be introduced to the Planets, the Signs, the Houses, Rahu Ketu (the nodes of the Moon) the Nakshatras, Vimshottari Dasha system (the unique Vedic System of prediction) and Gochara (Transits). The course will end with Chart analysis.
- 06:00 – 07:30 am Satsang
- 08:00 – 10:00 am Jyotish Workshop
- 10:00 – 10:45 am Brunch
- 10:45 – 11:45 am Karma Yoga
- 12:00 – 03:00 pm Jyotish Workshop
- 04:00 – 06:00 pm Yoga Class
- 06:00 – 06:45 pm Dinner
- 08:00 – 09:30 pm Satsang
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn Jyotish/Vedic Astrology.
A certification will be given for 40 hours of study in Vedic Astrology signed by the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, Komilla Sutton, and Bill Sinclair
What to Bring
Textbook:”The Essentials of Vedic Astrology” by Komilla Sutton
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.