Children’s Camp Counselor Training
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm
- 14651 Ballantree Lane, Grass Valley, CA, 95949, USA
- Jun 11 - 16, 2018 (6 days)
This 5-day intensive course is specifically catered to the camp counselors of the Children’s Yoga Camp. Counselor trainees learn about the mission, structure and running of the 10-day camp and their individual roles and duties for it to flow smoothly. Most importantly, it is the time for Counselor trainees to re-tune to the Guru’s teachings and the ashram schedule, building up prana and love through daily sadhana in order to be used as instruments for the guidance of the children. Therefore, all satsangs and one asana class are required daily. The conclusion of the training flows right into the 10-day Children’s Yoga Camp, where counselors have a full immersion experience to put in practice their newly learned skills and wisdom.
Training includes workshops on:
– understanding the psychology and demographics of the children we will be working with
– teaching children’s yoga asana/pranayama
– leading guided meditation for children
– teaching yoga philosophy to children
– classroom discipline and management
– coordinating popular group games
– team building exercises
– personal sadhana and counselor self-care tips
– interpersonal compassionate communication
– preparation of the ashram to be kid-friendly and safe
– preparation of supplies and props needed for workshops.
Camp Counselor Application Process
All applicants must be Sivananda TTC graduates with a humility and openness to learn and grow. Previous experience with children is highly recommended but not required. To apply, please fill out the initial online registration. (This does not guarantee your acceptance as a counselor yet.) Following is a phone/video chat interview process with the camp coordinator and a background check. Commitment to attend the full 5-day pre-camp training is mandatory for acceptance as a counselor. Counselors will need to set aside 15 days (5-day pre-camp training, 10-day children’s camp) for the full experience.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.