Permaculture Design Certification Course 2018
- Sivananda Yoga Ranch
- Aug 12 - 27, 2018 (16 days)
- Day Guest - $1,250.00 Single Room - $2,285.00 Double Room Shared (2 Beds) - $1,985.00 Shared Dorm Room (3-4 beds) - $1,760.00 Apartment (1 person with private bathroom) - $3,110.00 Apartment (2 people with private bathroom) -…
$500 for the course plus accommodations.
The tuition is offered in a sliding scale upon request. Please contact us for more information.
During this 2 week course we will be building an understanding towards resilience and abundance utilizing permaculture theories and techniques. Permaculture guides our way towards understanding whole system designs that unite the individual with nature and society. Yoga in Sanskrit, literally means Union. Together, permaculture and yoga present holistic solutions which enable us to begin to live in balance with our environment and our relationships, while at the same time addressing the world’s most pressing issues with clarity and creativity.
The Permaculture Course will be taught by several experienced Permaculture Designers in the Northeast area. An incredible opportunity to learn from several perspectives.
The course is a unique opportunity to care for yourself, what we call Zone 00, and then bring the questions and ideas you learn in these two weeks into your home (Zone 1) and ripple it out to your community! This course is not just for Gardeners, foodies, and foresters… IT IS FOR EVERYONE! We like the saying: ” IF YOU EAT, YOU ARE IN!” So if you eat, join us for these 2 weeks at the Ranch to learn how Yoga and permaculture can help us heal ourselves and our planet.
• 2-3 Field Trips to local Permaculture demonstration sites
• Access to a library of inspirational resources
• 110+ Hours of instruction
• Special Guest Instruction by other specialists
• Permaculture Design Certification
• Ethics and principles of Permaculture
• Eco-Literacy for Sustainability
• Understanding Design Strategies
• Soil building and Compost management
• Food Forest and Gardening techniques
• Plant Identification exercises
• Off-Grid Living systems & technologies
• Introduction to Transition Towns & Sustainable Communities
• Team building, group dynamics and project management
Arrival & Departure Information
• Sunday – 2:00pm
• Sunday – 12:00pm (room checkout)
Planning to arrive and depart here by bus? See more information.