Essentials of Meditation Retreat
- Sivananda Yoga Ranch
- 500 Budd Rd Woodbourne, NY 12788
- May 20 - 25, 2018 (6 days)
- Single Room - $650.00 Double Room Shared (2 Beds) - $550.00 Shared Dorm Room (3-4 beds) - $475.00 Apartment (1 person with private bathroom) - $925.00 Apartment (3-4 people with private bathroom) - $1,800.00 Bring Your Own…
The stresses of modern society are intense—affecting both our mental and physical health. Meditation is now accepted, even in the mainstream, as a powerful tool to counteract this negativity. Come and join us for a five-day meditation immersion program.
The course will cover all aspects of the theory and practice of meditation including daily meditation practices, group chanting, concentration exercises and workshops. Students will be encouraged to maintain a quiet existence while at the Ashram following its daily schedule and maintaining a spiritual diary.
Topics covered include:
• What is meditation, Why meditate, How to meditate
• Concentration Practices — visualization, affirmations
• Obstacles to Meditation
• Mantras, Theory and Practice
• How to find Purpose in Life — Keeping a Spiritual Diary
• Setting up a Home Practice
Those new to meditation as well as those who are more established in their practice are warmly welcomed.