Yin and Restorative Yoga Workshop
- Zen Den Yoga School & Studio
- 220 N Federal Hwy, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
- Oct 18 - 21, 2018 (4 days)
- Beach room with en suite bathroom (shared occupancy) - $900.00 Ganesha (Shared) Triple - $600.00 No Lodging - $300.00 Private Room - $750.00 Thai (Shared) Room - $600.00
Envision yourself enjoying sunny days, white sand beaches, palm trees and the tropics… This is your destination for your next workshop to come away with new ceus and Certification! At the same time you can anticipate the opportunity to re-boot and reset your mind, body and spirit during your stay with us here in Florida. Pack your swimsuit and bring your desire to learn, we’ll take care of the rest.
While staying at our beautiful retreat center in Boca Raton, you will deepen your knowledge in Yin and Restorative Yoga, two certifications in one weekend. Before and after the certifications, you are welcome to enjoy daily meditation and yoga classes, or even sit in on our YTT 200hr yoga school’s in depth yoga teachings. Otherwise, feel free to just bask in the sunshine and relax in our hot tub and resort style pool. You also may add in some healing therapy sessions of massage or acupuncture.
- 8 nutritionally balanced breakfast and lunch smoothies with everything you need to recharge and do a mini-detox.
- 3 nights stay in our beautiful retreat center
- 22 CEU Continuous Education Credits for Yoga Alliance
- Resort style pool and hot tub
- Free Community Yoga in the park 9AM Saturday (if you are not in your classes with us)
- Before and after your certifications we offer multiple yoga classes at our school (may include: vinyasa, sivananda, restorative, yin, or chakra balancing hatha flow depending on the day)
- Sun and fun on the beach
- Everglades air boat tours or diving excursions (for those staying longer, additional fees)
- Bodywork therapy and energy work (additional fees)
- Acupuncture (additional fees)
- Free bikes to tour around to outdoor cafes, restaurants, galleries and boutiques, and of course the beach
These two courses will give you the knowledge and experience to conduct safe and enjoyable yin yoga and restorative yoga flows. Through the time spent with the facilitators, you will learn the dynamics, history, and philosophy of yin and restorative yoga. You will learn the foundations of yin yoga giving you a clear understanding of the basic science, as well as the general application of, and general alignment within, yin and restorative poses. You will gain deeper understanding of tapping into the subtle energy body in the poses. You will cover topics such as the properties of the five elements through the asanas. You will loosen your joints, clear toxins, and by relaxing the active mind you will find greater ability to connect with your intuition. Within the yin asanas you will learn grounding meditations and visualizations to improve health and balance emotions. You will come away with the ability to teach this to your students in an engaging and loving way.
Through personal experience, lecture, interactive discussion, and asanas using props you will come to understand the deep transformation possible through these forms of yoga. You will come to understand the deep transformation of yoga through personal experience, lecture, interactive discussion, and practice of the asanas with props.
- Basic science of the relaxation response theory
- Foundations of the nervous system and subtle body
- Philosophy and applications of restorative yoga asanas
- The neurological, physical, physiological and energetic benefits of restorative yoga
- Use of basic props
- Breathing, verbal cueing and relaxation tools
- Building a restorative practise, attuning the body, breath and mind.
- History & Philosophy of Yin Yoga
- Asana Methodology
- Five Element Theory
- Clearing Toxins of Mind , Body & Subtle Body
- How To Maintain Health & Balance Emotions
- Grounding Meditation & Visualization
- 2 Manual/Curriculums
- 2 Certificates of Completion – Zen Dens Restorative Yoga Workshop is recognized as a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP)
- 22 (12+10) Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEUS) towards Yoga Alliance can be applied for Registered Yoga Teachers.