Retreat stay (short getaway)
- Krishna Village Eco Yoga Community
- Single room - AUD $110.00 Twin Share room (bunk bed) - AUD $90.00 Double room (1 shared bed, couples only) - AUD $110.00 Camping (own van) - AUD $40.00 Camping (own tent) - AUD $55.00
Love life, live yoga: Krishna Village Short Getaways
Available all year round, choose your own arrival dates
Enjoy flexible and affordable retreats with yoga, meditation, massages, life coaching and delicious vegetarian food. The Krishna Village is a permanent eco yoga community, so we provide classes ongoingly for all guests. You can come and join us as you please, given that we have rooms available, so it’s usually best to book a few weeks in advance.
About our retreats
- Immerse yourself in a fascinating, vibrant community of about 75 yogis, travellers and spiritual seekers on an eco farm between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast
- Nourish your soul and experience a healthy, sustainable, spiritually based lifestyle
- Learn about yoga in a holistic way, including postures, philosophy, kirtan, personal development and delicious vegetarian food
- Take long walks in solitude around the farm, or meet people of all ages and from all around the world to enjoy inspiring conversations around the camp fire
- If you are curious, visit our beautiful Radha Govardhandhari temple and learn about the spiritual foundations of our ‘simple living, high thinking’ philosophy.
- Fee vibrantly alive and healthy on a physical, emotional and spiritual level
The Krishna Village experience
As a permanent eco yoga community, we provide classes ongoingly for all guests, taught by a variety of teachers. The recommended arrival day is Monday, when we run an 11am Welcome Tour for all new arrivals and introduce you to our yoga program, our vision, our Radha Govardhandari temple and our way of life.
To get a general idea about our program, please have a look at our activities overview. At the moment we are running yoga classes 2x/day (early morning and afternoon) as well as Yogic Living classes on Sun-Fri at 12:30pm, which encompass a broad variety of topics around a healthy yoga lifestyle, like philosophy, meditation, ayurveda, life coaching etc.. Many of them are the ‘best of’ parts of our Yoga Teacher Training curriculum, made available for all guests – like on this example schedule.
To see if this experience is for you, please read our FAQ for retreat guests and our Code of Conduct. If you are dealing with any physical or mental health issues, please also check our Are you ready page to make sure this is a suitable experience for you. You can come and join us for a month, a week, or just a few days. Kids are most welcome, but need to be supervised by their parents at all times.
Meet the Teachers
We have a variety of in-house teachers and guest facilitators to keep our schedule interesting and varied. In addition, some classes are taught by our yoga teacher trainees, and by travelling yogis who hold appropriate certifications.
The Krishna Village offers single, double and twin share rooms as well as camping spots for up to about 75 people. All rooms have shared amenities. The amenities block includes showers, toilets and a coin operated laundry (byo laundry powder). All rates include 3 meals/day and all yoga and other classes.
Common areas include the kitchen & campfire area (the heart of the Krishna Village), the reading room (with Internet hotspot) and the yoga hall where we gather for classes.
Single, twin share & double rooms
The Krishna Village has 2 double rooms (one big bed), 4 twin shares (bunk bed) and 11 single rooms. They are all set in former shipping containers that have been renovated and turned into simple but comfortable accommodation. Bedding is being provided, but you need to bring your own towels and toiletries.
Set among beautiful mango and lychee trees in our eastern garden, our camp ground can host up to 20 tents and 5 camper vans. The area for the vans is equipped with electricity. The amenities block is only 50m away.
- Daily yoga classes
- Yogic Living classes
- Three delicious vegetarian meals daily
- Temple program and meditation
- Internet access
- Fresh Jeeva Juice
- Massage / Reiki healing
- Private life coaching
- Transport to and from Krishna Village
- Travel insurance
Delicious Vegetarian Food
The Krishna Farm has been producing organic veggies since the 1980s and has therefore fantastic conditions to grow excellent produce. We grow as much of our own food as we can, and otherwise buy locally wherever possible.
We provide 3 delicious vegetarian meals every day, with lunches taking place at the Krishna Village community kitchen, and breakfast and dinners – mostly Indian style – served at the prasadam hall, next to the temple.
All our food is prasadam – sacred food prepared in a consciousness of loving service. Like in other cultures, we offer our food before we eat to say Grace and thank the Divine for the sun, the rain, and all the visible and invisible blessings necessary to co-create a delicious meal. Feel free to sing along with us, or just listen and enjoy…
The Krishna Farm
Nestled in the foothills of Mount Warning, in the heart of the Northern Rivers of New South Wales, the Hare Krishna Farm “New Govardhana” is a 1000 acre certified organic property with orchards, veggie gardens, cows, horses, streams and swimming holes in abundance.
New Govardhana serves as an ashram to a community of yogis who aspire to live according to their deepest vows and commitments on their path of service, spiritual contentment and happiness (Bhakti Yoga). Their service and dedication make this location a beautiful place of growth, healing and spiritual awakening. If you are interested, please come along and visit our beautiful Radha Govardhandhari temple. our Radha Govardhandari temple
Things to do
- Enjoy the yoga classes
- Treat yourself to a massage, life coaching or reiki session
- Visit the cows and help milking
- Swim in the river
- Meditate near the lotus lake
- Cleanse your body with delicious Jeeva Juice
- Pick fruits and vegetables in our gardens
- Head to the beach (30-minute drive to Cabarita)
- Hike up Mount Warning (15-minute drive)
- Visit Springbrook National Park (30-minute drive)