29 Days 200-Hour Multi-Style Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
- YOGA ESSENCE Rishikesh
- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India
- Mar 11 - Apr 8, 2018 (29 days)
- 1349-1549 $
Yoga Essence Rishikesh provides a firm ground for the practical experience of various steps of yoga and imparts the skill to share the same with others through this Yoga Teacher Training Course. The training covers all aspects of human existence: body -breath - mind - heart - soul, is imparted through various intense asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, yoga nidra, yogic purification processes, self-development techniques, and audio-video aid in a truly yogic environment by highly trained teachers. You will have a unique opportunity to experience and bring with you the holistic approach towards health, happiness and harmony within, without.
- Classical hatha yoga postures and Ashtanga Vinyasa - primary series.
- Iyengar style alignment with modifications by using props.
- Traditional & Contemporary Meditation techniques.
- Practical insights into yoga philosophy and yoga psychology.
- Experiential and transformational approach of all yogic practices.
- Breathing exercises and Pranayama practices.
- Kriyas-the yogic purification process.
- Use of Mudras and Bandhas for energy channelization.
- Yoga Nidra, Mantra chanting.
- Teaching practicum, art of sequencing & improvisation in the class.
What’ s included
- 200-hour yoga teacher training course
- Yoga teacher training handbook, yoga book, yogic purification kits and other useful materials for the course
- 28 nights' accommodation
- Daily Indian yogic vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Wi-Fi internet
- 1 Yoga bag
- Filtered drinking water and afternoon tea break
06:30 - 07:00am- Yogic Cleansing Processes
07:00 - 08:45 am- Asana (Hatha/Ashtanga) & Pranayama Practice
10:30 - 11:30am- Yoga Philosophy & Psychology
11:40 - 01:00 PM - Meditation Session (Classical/Contemporary Techniques)
04:00 - 05:00 PM - Applied Yoga Anatomy & Physiology
05:00 - 06:15 PM - Asana Practice (Hatha/Iyengar)
06:15 - 07:00 PM - Yoga Nidra/ Mantra Chanting/Teaching Practicum
08:30 - 09:30 PM - Night Meditation Session (Only on Selected Days)
(P.S. - The above daily course schedule may change as per need)
CODE OF CONDUCT
To build a true foundation of Yoga and to get maximum result from yoga various practices, Yama- the Social code of conducts, Niyama- Personal code of conducts are integral parts of learning. During yoga teacher training course at Yoga Essence, Rishikesh we expect from our students to uphold the following Code of conducts.
1. Discipline is an integral part of the teacher training program and so the course routine must be observed by the students throughout the day.
2. Disrespect to rules and regulations could result in termination of studentship with no refund of fee.
3. Absenting yourself from the scheduled program without prior permission of the teacher or manager concerned would be construed as a gross breach of discipline.
4. Ensure you are on time for class or you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
5. The Yoga Essence does not make arrangements for guests of students. No friends or relatives are allowed to stay with yoga students without prior permission from the management.
6. Positive, team-oriented, optimistic attitude is a requirement for all students. Disruptive, rude, or negative behavior will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the course.
7. A student must intimate in advance if they intend to forgo a meal so that there is no wastage of food.
8. Before departure of Yoga Essence students must clear all dues and return all library books, if taken.
9. Smoking, alcohol and illegal drugs are not permitted during the training. Students who cannot comply with this rule will be asked to leave with no refund of fee.
CODE OF ETHICS
We acknowledge the sensitive nature of the student-teacher relationship and recognize that ethical behavior is the foundation of all good yoga practice and yoga teacher training. We believe that it is the responsibility of the yoga teacher to ensure a safe and protected environment in which a student can grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
Code of Ethics
As Teachers of the Yoga Teacher Training Programs at Yoga Essence, Rishikesh we agree to uphold the highest professional standards as set forth in the following Code of Ethics.
1. We welcome all students with respect and friendliness and do not discriminate against or refuse professional help to anyone on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
2. We make only realistic statements regarding the benefits of yoga, make responsible decisions to determine if and when we can assist a student, and use our yogic knowledge and skills only for their benefit.
3. We establish and maintain professional relationship boundaries at all times.
4. We understand that all forms of sexual behavior or harassment with students is unethical, and use only appropriate methods of touch when assisting students.
5. We conduct our public and private affairs with honesty in all financial, material, emotional and spiritual interactions.
6. We respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students, and treat all communications from students with professional confidence.
SYLLABUS OF YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Yoga Philosophy lays the basic foundation of all Yoga practices. It is one of the important subjects and contains the core principles of various practices of Yoga Teacher Training course at Yoga Essence, Rishikesh. It helps the students to understand the true essence of yoga and provides a guide map in their journey into the field of yoga.
A yoga teacher will really excel as a teacher, when he understands the yogic principles, methodology and logic behind various yoga practices. Many classical hatha yogic texts’ Sutras outline various lifestyles that should be followed when one can carry out yoga practices. Hence those who are aspiring to become a yoga teacher must understand the roots of yoga practices first that lies in yoga philosophy. It incudes
Introduction, Concept, Meaning & Definition of Yoga
The History and Origin of Yoga
Shad-Darshan- Six-Philosophies of India, Sankhya and Yoga Philosophy
Panchkosha and Purusharthas
Conceptual Understanding of Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
Concept & Practice of Eight-Fold Path.
Important Hathayoga Texts & their Salient features
Pre-requisites for Yoga Sadhaka.
Yoga and Ayurveda.
Ethical guidelines for a Yoga Teacher.
ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & YOGA PRACTICES.
Contemporary knowledge and understanding of human organism along with the ancient Yogic Wisdom help greatly to the students to do the yoga practices on scientific basis and as per yogic principles. Anatomy classes allow the students to gain a basic knowledge about the human body, its most important systems and their role in Yoga. It includes the following topics.
Introduction to Anatomy and physiology
Yoga in view of Anatomy and Physiology
Major Systems of Human Body and their role in Yoga.
Applied Yoga Anatomy
Yoga Injuries: Injuries due to faulty Yogic practices.
Benefits and Contraindication of Asanas and Pranayama.
Yoga and Stress
YOGA NIDRA, DHARANA (CONCENTRATION) & DHYAN (MEDITATION)
Yoga is the science of union of Body, Mind and Spirit. Meditative awareness or Meditation is considered to be the most supreme phenomenon as far as the union with reality is concerned. This meditative awareness, attention or observation becomes the central thread or core practice of all eight limbs of yoga. This is the practice involving control of the mental functions which start from the initial withdrawal of the senses from external objects to the complete oblivion of the external environment. There are innumerable techniques of meditation. It is a process of absorption in which the individual tries to turn his attention to dwell upon a single object, sound, concept or experience. Meditation sessions at Yoga Essence will provide an extensive range of practices and techniques to understand the process and its application, so ultimately participants can experience the process on their own and share the same to their students. Meditation is a great tranquillizer. Practices will include:
Yoga Nidra: From Beginning to Advanced Level.
Dharana & Dhyan: Various Meditation Practices and Techniques from both Traditional and Modern Schools. Self-observation & Mindfulness Techniques.
Learning the skill how to guide students about these subtle and higher practices of yoga.
Asanas are special patterns of Postures that stabilize the mind and the body through static & dynamic stretching’s. Asana Sessions are the combination of both Hatha and Ashtanga yoga. Culture of Asanas from Hatha Yoga Tradition, modern versions of B. K. S. Iyengar and K Pattabhi Jois styles of Yoga. Among these two modern form of yoga, one talks about the precise alignment and the other one talks about the flow. Yoga Essence combines both Iyengar and Ashtanga yoga under the light of Traditional Hatha Yoga, which prepares the participants for the higher practices of yoga. It includes the following topic
Study and practice of Hatha Yoga postures.
Study and practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa - Primary series.
Study and practice of Iyengar Alignment and adjustment.
Breathing is the first and last act of Life. It is so simple and so obvious that we often take it for granted, ignoring the power that it affects body, mind and spirit. It is the primary source of Prana (Vital life force). It is the very basis of health and well-being of body-mind-heart. Breathing is the Bridge between Body, mind and Spirit.
Pranayama – Breath regulation practices have got very prominent place in hatha yoga. These practices bring control over the respiratory impulses which form one of the channels of the flow of autonomic nerve impulses.
Pranayama sessions at Yoga Essence being conducted very systematically and scientifically to develop a holistic and comprehensive awakening to this potential form of consciousness and upward movement of energy. The students will learn the teaching of pranayama with classical approach, where the scientific outlook unites with traditional wisdom. It includes the study and experience of various breathing Exercises and Pranayama practices. Learning the skill how to guide the students also.
Yoga says the first manifestation of unmanifest Existence- often referred to as Space or Silence is Sound. It is said that sound is the very heart beat of the Universe. Hence it is very easy to experience the silence and space through mantras.
Mantra is a Sanskrit term for a sound, syllable, word or group of words which is capable of transformation and experience of higher state of consciousness. Its use and type varies according to the school and philosophy associated with. Mantra Japa is a special science of sound. Mantra activate many dormant energy centers in our body and brain so that the energy can be used to move into higher yogic practices. Mantras have been revealed in the "State of highest Consciousness” of the rishis. Through special mantra classes at Yoga Essence, the participants will learn how to develop the inner Space and Silence for meditational journey.
Certain skill and good teaching methodology can change the whole teaching in a class room situation.Teaching methodology for yoga practices is an important subject of Yoga teacher training program. Students should have a firm grasp of the principles, practices, and procedures involved in teaching classes. Upon successful graduation, students will learn the necessary procedures and techniques involved in teaching a class. There is a “stepping stone” process for learning how to teach. It includes.
Principles and Procedures of Teaching in Classroom
The skill of Adjustment, Alignment & Modifications of Asanas.
Art of Demonstrations, Assistance and Correction
Creative Sequential of Yoga Practices.
Incorporating Yoga Philosophy into a Physical Flow.
Structuring the Classes Uniquely & Lesson Plan.
TEACHING PRACTICUM - LEARNING THE ART OF TEACHING
From the 3rd week of the TTC, students actively participate in teaching as well as adjusting others during the classes. The practicums sessions are organized under the observation of our instructors who will guide you on how to prepare and present your class. They will also offer various tips on how to observe your students and refine your hands on adjustment techniques. During the course, you will be learning many different techniques on how to adjust the position of your own body so that you can handle the student’s body position while adjusting. This would eradicate any possibility of anyone getting injured. There would be many classes where you would be asked to practice these techniques repeatedly on different bodies, so that it sharpens your observation and gives you confidence. These sessions give the students and future yoga teachers the best opportunity to learn and how to teach in a very supportive, open and safe environment.
During the last weeks, the students will be expected to lead their own class and complete the assignments on Yoga philosophy, anatomy etc. After successfully meeting all the exam criteria for 200 hours Yoga teacher training certification course at Yoga, students will find themselves trained as well as confident enough to act as yoga teachers and lead yoga lessons.
Allow the students to observe and document how to work in a professional environment while discharging their job responsibilities. Students will also participate to a limited extent in performing tasks under supervision by the Trainers. Observing and correlating practices in the field with theories and methods previously studied. Recording data or assisting with tasks as directed by trainers. Completing practicum course assignments.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.