200 hour Yoga Teacher Training at the Govardhan Ecovillage, India (June 2018)
- Govardhan Ecovillage
- Galtare, Maharashtra, India
- Jun 10 - Jul 10, 2018 (31 days)
Our teacher trainers focus on consciousness living, self-awareness of our higher selves, encouraging all students to not only learn through theory and practice but also through personal and transcendental experience. We strive to assist students in the harmonization of body, mind, and spirit into that of pure being.
We ensure that our students receive the highest degree of foundational training; providing dedicated time to students from the first day of class to the last day. Our goal is for each student to be prepared with the professional skills and confidence to become a teacher.
We provide 1 month of intensive, alignment-based yoga asana practice, and study. Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training is accredited by the internationally recognized, Yoga Alliance.
- Yoga specific anatomy, and physiology
- Introduction to meditation
- Pranayama (breathwork)
- Creating intelligent flow sequences that link movement with breath
- The art of teaching yoga
- Practice teaching sessions
- Hands-on adjustments
- The history & philosophy of yoga (including the yoga sutras & Sanskrit)
- The business of yoga
- How to teach in the classroom and in private sessions
- Chakras and koshas
I am seeking. I am striving. I am in it with all my heart.
- Vincent Van Gogh
This training will take place at t, a model farm community and retreat center 108km north of Mumbai at the foothills of the Sahyadri mountains. Govardhan Ecovillage balances world class facilities and complete harmony with nature and ecology.
Our retreat center has:
- Private and communal eco-friendly cottages
- Ayurvedic Center
- Yoga shala (yoga studio, where we’ll be practicing every day)
- Vedic temple
- Amenities center
- Open-air, low chlorine pool
- Nursery & a herbal park with rare medicinal and forest herbs
All rooms have air-conditioning so you will be able to keep cool during the warmer months.
Hold the vision, Trust the process.
- author unknown
6:00-8:30 Morning Asana and Meditation
17:30-19:30 Evening Asana and Meditation
Some other activities you can join during your stay:
- Organic farming
- Animal Care
- Learn about green building & alternative energy
- Discover & improve rural healthcare
- Volunteer at Lady Northcote Hindu Orphanage
We serve 3 meals a day of all vegetarian food. All our food is prepared with organic produce grown in the eco-village we’re part of. Some meals are western food and some are traditional Indian food (not too spicy though). Lunch & dinner could include: curry or dal with rice or potatoes, fruit, organic healthy pizza.
We do suggest you bring extra snacks (like protein bars) in case you get hungry in between meals.
Our cuisine caters to:
✔ Gluten Free ✔ Nut Free
✔ Vegetarians ✔ Vegans
*Let us know of any food allergies and dietary requirements in advance!
Inhale courage. Exhale fear.
- author unknown
Our teacher trainees stay in luxury jungle cabins. Each cabin has 2 canopy beds so you will be sharing a room with another student. The jungle cabins are air-conditioned for the summer months and heated for winters. The cabins also have a desk, a private wardrobe for your clothes & an attached full bathroom with a shower.
Our teacher training classes will be 12-30 students.
To be part of this yoga teacher training you should already have a regular yoga practice.
The nearest airport to us is the Mumbai Airport. All transportation to & from this airport is included. Be sure to let us know your arrival and departure information when you book your flights.
Please remember to bring a valid passport and tourist visa.
- Anatomy and Physiology: An in-depth study of the anatomy of movement and key systems of the body. Understand how the body works and apply this knowledge for safe and effective practice and teaching. We’ll cover: Alignment, pose variations, Pronunciation of Sanskrit, Benefits & Cautions, Breath use entering, holding & exiting poses
- Key Poses of Yoga: An in-depth study of postures, alignment, energetic and health benefits, adjustments, and modifications.
- The Lineages and History of Yoga: Learn where yoga comes from and how it has developed into its modern form today. An exploration of the foundational traditions and their philosophies, including Hatha, Tantra, and Vinyasa Yoga.
- Darshan: this simply means a way of seeing. In other words, Darshans are the principle philosophical perspectives that define yoga. We will explore several of these including The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali that contains what is considered the most concise definition of yoga ever written as well as clear guidelines of how to achieve yoga.
- The Science of Yogic Breathing: this is much more than inhale/exhale. The breath is the primary life force and is the foundation of a meaningful yogic practice. The breath has a profound influence on our nervous system and how we interact with the world. We will cover its application to postures and meditation.
- Understanding the Energetic Body: Prana and the Chakras. Ancient yogis described the anatomy of the subtle body, beyond the physical form. There are many layers to understanding Prana, the prime life force and how it moves through the Chakras or energetic centers. This force and the currents of energy known as prana vayus are the very foundation of what makes yoga so powerful.
- Introduction to Ayurveda: Understanding this ancient sister science that grew from the same foundational philosophy as Yoga and Buddhism. Learn how to understand yourself and others through the context of doshas, gunas, prana, tejas and ojas.
- The Art and Science of Sequencing: You will learn how the tools of asana (postures), dharana (intention), pranayama (breathing methods), bandha (energy locks) and meditation are used to create meaningful sequences. A good class is not just biomechanically sound but also powerful on more subtle levels.
- Understanding Meditation: Developing your skills as a meditation teacher is an important part of filling your classes with rich, meaningful content. The power of meditation is significant. We will be sharing a variety of different methods for developing your own personal meditation practice and learning to teach.
- Developing a Yogic lifestyle: This goes much deeper than what you wear or what you eat. Understand how to incorporate the tools and philosophies of yoga to map out an authentic and purposeful life.
- Taking the seat of the teacher: There is more to leading a class than just having knowledge of yoga practice. We'll give you tools to be an effective leader through understanding the responsibilities and ethics in the classroom, and as in your community.
- Business of Yoga: In many places throughout the world yoga has become a competitive market for most yoga teachers. There are a number of ways to you can stand out from the crowd and jump start your teaching career. We'll show you how.
- Learn to Teach: In our courses everyone will get the opportunity to teach and refine their yoga language skills and their ability to deliver an inspiring class. There will be plenty of practice teaching: one on one, in small groups, and in front of the whole class.
- Service (Seva): Students will assist to serve meals and perform group cleaning activities. They may also participate in community work during their yoga teacher training course for 20 non-contact hours towards your 200 hours
After booking your training we will send you a Welcome Package and manual for your training. We encourage you to read some of the following books to prepare you for your experience with us (all available for sale on Amazon):
- Yoga Anatomy - Second edition, Author Leslie Kaminoff - Amy Mathews
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T.K.V. Desikachar
- Light on Life: The Yoga Journey to Wholeness, Inner Peace, and Ultimate Freedom by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Light on Pranayama, by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit, by Donna Farhi
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
A Minimum $500 Deposit required at the time of registration. Your $500 Deposit is non-refundable after April 10, 2018.
Early Bird Rate: $3,000 when you pay-in-full by April 15, 2018.
Full Rate: $3,600 after May 15, 2018. 100% of tuition due by May 15, 2018.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.