“Letting Go” The Practice of Compassionate Effort
- Heartwood Refuge and Retreat Center
- 159 Osceola Rd. Hendersonville, NC 28739
- Jul 12 - 15, 2018 (4 days)
- $274.00 - Residential Option plus dana (offered at the end of the retreat) to the teacher and to Heartwood. You can read more about the practice of dana here. $207.00 - Commuter Option plus dana (offered at the end of the…
A wise teacher once suggested that we can not let go of that which we haven’t accepted. We use compassionate awareness to be present with whatever arises in our everyday experience, no matter how challenging that may be. By resting in the open heart and being mindful of when we may be contracting around difficult states of body and mind, we learn to invite release and letting go. We do not try to let go, as much as invite release, born of love. Instruction in Vipassana (Insight) Meditation and Pure Awareness Practice, as well as, Heart Centered Meditations will be offered. Dharma talks, chanting from various spiritual traditions and optional yoga will be part of the weekend, which is conducted in noble silence.
In the words of the Thai Meditation Master Ajahn Chah
“Do everything with a mind that lets go.
Do not expect any praise or reward.
If you let go a little, you will have a little peace.
If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace.
If you let go completely, you will know complete peace and freedom.
Your struggles with the world
will have come to an end.”
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Parking
- Gluten Free