WELLNESS RETREAT IN TUSCANY WITH MIRIAM WEXLER + CHANTAL LANDREVILLE | JUNE 16 – 23, 2018
- Il Borghino Retreat Centre
- Pieve Santo Stefano, Farneta, Lucca, LU, Italia
- Jun 16 - 23, 2018 (8 days)
- From $2300 pp (USD)
They say a life well lived is a life lived well—the key word here being lived, an active verb. The world belongs to those who participate, who take risks, who are not afraid to fail, because the only way to understand the beauty of each breath of life is to be aware of it. And the only path to awareness is variety, of scene, of smell and taste, of action and interaction.
So, welcome to another day in paradise. Join us for a 7-day retreat in the stunning scenery of Italy’s Tuscany. Enjoy interactive workshops, daily yoga practice and meditation sessions; immerse yourself in the local culture, connect on a deeper level with yourself and with those around you—remember, before your friends were your friends, they were strangers.
"Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.” ― Yogi Bhajan
- Daily morning meditation and yoga practice including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, including all linens and towels
- 7 delicious breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners all vegetarian
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night. Additional alcohol can be purchased)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Freshly pressed fruit/vegetable juice every morning
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only)
- Walking tour and wine tasting at a local biodynamic winery – includes a tour of wine cellar and olive mill
- Day trip to the 5 villages of Cinque Terre, including transportation and entry fee
- A cooking class with the resident villa Chef Maria Angela
- 1 60-minute massage
- A breath-work workshop
- A goal/intention setting workshop
- One 60 minute 1-on-1 coaching session with Retreat Leader Chantal (upon request)
- Gift bag valued at over $100
- Use of outdoor salt-water pool and common areas
- Use of steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hairdryers, use of laundry facilities
- Tourist tax
Venue HighlightsLiterally meaning “small village”, Il Borghino offers a secluded retreat centre setting in a hill top position with magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains in the distance.
With 11 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms, our retreat centre is ideal for larger groups. Designed to maintain the original character of the village while still being both comfortable and modern, Il Borghino has been meticulously restored with energy efficiency and a concern for the environment in mind, using natural materials such as wood, marble and terracotta.
The centre is ideally located 15 minutes from Lucca, 35 minutes from Pisa, 1.5 hrs from Florence and 1.5 hrs from the breathtaking Cinque Terre region, making it the perfect base to explore Tuscany and Liguria.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Fitness Center
- Yoga Studio
Schedule7:00AM Morning coffee / tea / fruit / snack before yoga
7:30AM Morning Yoga / Pranayama / Meditation
9:00AM Nutritious Breakfast
10:00AM Free time for massages, nature walks, reading, pool time or an optional excursion
1:30PM Delicious home cooked lunch
2:30PM Free time for massages, nature walks, reading, pool time or an optional excursion
5:30pm Afternoon restorative Yoga / Pranayama / Meditation
7:00PM Home cooked dinner
9:00PM Optional evening meditation / yoga nidra
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOur retreat menu is vegetarian and we have a wonderful local cook who prepares deliciously fresh dishes based on what is in season and the region’s specialities. As we are in Tuscany, we do indulge in local cheeses, pasta, breads, wines and other delights, so although our menu is not a strict cleanse, we do offer plenty of healthy choices with nuts, seeds, legumes, plenty of vegetables and salads, rice, amaranth, quinoa, buckwheat, fresh fruit and yogurt. We source our food from local producers and wherever possible, we use organic grains, fruit and vegetables. We also make our own fresh fruit and vegetable juices and cleansing herbal teas using fresh herbs from the garden. Organic wine, olive oil and honey is produced in the surrounding agricultural area near Il Borghino and is served during our retreats. Upon request, we can cater for gluten free and lactose free dietary requirements.
AccommodationsIl Borghino comprises three separate houses and can accommodate up to 18 retreat participants plus two teachers (maximum of 20 persons). There are 11 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms comprised of the following:
- five twin bedrooms with private bathrooms (10 places)
- two twin bedrooms sharing one bathroom (4 places)
- two double rooms with private bathroom 4 places)
- two single rooms with private bathrooms. (2 places)
In some rooms, the bathroom is located just outside the room rather than ensuite.
The rooms are large, simple and furnished tastefully in local Tuscan style, each with fabulous views from every window. There are fly screens on all windows and electric fans in every room. As the building is old, the walls are very thick which means the villa stays cool in the summer months. Each house is fully self-contained and offers every facility to meet the needs and privacy of both yoga teachers and retreat guests. Tea and coffee making facilities are also available in each house for use by retreat guests outside meal times.
The large communal area, "L'Olivo", is the hub of the retreat centre – a place for retreat guests to gather during the day, enjoy meals together, share experiences and of course, practice daily yoga. There is a wood-fired pizza oven which we make use of during the retreat, and a gorgeous outdoor terrace with panoramic views for al fresco dining.
There is a salt-water swimming pool that retreat guests can relax in whilst soaking up the views and a Turkish Sauna to help cleanse and detoxify during the week.
Bath towels, Pool towels and hair dryers are provided. Some toiletries from a local Tuscan Erboristeria are also provided.
DirectionsIl Borghino, our retreat centre, is located in the hills about 10km outside of Lucca. It can be found easily on Google Maps and a taxi from Lucca train station will take around 20 minutes and cost around 25 euro.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.