7 Day Silent Meditation Retreat
- Anahata Yoga Retreat
- 727 Bird Road, Clifton, New Zealand
- Mar 12 - 18, 2018 (7 days)
- NZ$ 795.00 (shared accommodation) NZ$ 735.00 (camping). Super Early Bird & Early Bird Pricing available.
This 7 day meditation retreat with international meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, provides an opportunity to travel to your own centre, to find the stillness within, and discover your own inner nature, which is unchanging and offers peace, happiness, clarity and perspective on the whole of life.
This retreat offers a chance to deepen your meditation practice, or to start one if you are a beginner. Held over 7 days, it will help you to let your mind rest and enjoy a different, deeper kind of relaxation that will leave you wiser, and more ready for the challenges of life. Part of the retreat will be held in silence.
Renowned meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, takes a fresh and direct approach to meditation which is effective for both the beginner and advanced practitioner. The combination of ancient yoga techniques with well-timed, intuitive guidance, aimed at the modern mind, helps each person to find their way to deeper levels of awareness through access to their own intuitive experience.
This self-explorative approach to meditation provides a gentle way to balance the mind and realign the awareness toward your own inner nature. With more than 35 years experience Sw. Anandakumar helps to bring harmony to meditation practice, outlining a working ‘road map’ in order to harmonise any conflict with the body-mind and find your way forward. This allows your meditation practice to come from a place of inspiration rather than a feeling of obligation, which is uplifting even as you begin to face up to yourself. It’s a jumping off point for a deeper self-discovery.
The focus of this inspiring retreat is on Awareness in Meditation. And it will help to answer some essential questions
- what is meditation?
- what is its purpose?
- how do we practise it properly?
- how do we maintain our meditation practice?
- what are the benefits that meditation can accrue for us in daily life?
There comes a time when you realise that what you have been looking for doesn’t in fact lie in the places you’ve been looking. The only qualification you need is a desire to go into the inner world and explore there in order to know yourself better. This opportunity for continuity in practice, uninterrupted by the demands and activities of the outer world, will deepen your ability to hear and listen to your own inner voice.
The mind can be tricky. It will present distractions and diversions along the way. With well-timed, intuitive guidance Sw. Anandakumar can skillfully help you navigate these detours bringing you back to connection with awareness so your practice continues to deepen. Sw. Anandakumar teaches with a wisdom, authenticity and generosity of spirit born out of many years of practicing yoga and meditation. He encourages, inspires and gently guides you. With his warm down-to-earth manner, he makes the mystery of meditation clear and accessible.
Retreat also includes:
• Hatha Yoga classes
• Daily chanting
• Karma yoga (action with meditative awareness)
• Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
• Ancient fire ceremonies (havan) and kirtan chanting
• Periods of silence for reflection
This course is suitable:
• for all sincere students, seekers, and spiritual adventurers
• To develop and extend your regular meditation practice of finding the answers within the self
• Each meditation experience is unique with the potential to go deeper each time. Students often attend the course multiple times
For more details please visit our website:
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.