Mexico 50hr Intensive with Irene and Eleonora
- Casa Om
- Oct 21 - 28, 2018 (8 days)
- Dorm room - $1,299.00 Private room - $2,199.00 Private room - $2,199.00 Private room - $2,199.00 Double room - $1,599.00 Double room - $1,599.00 Double room - $1,599.00 Double room - $1,599.00 Double room - $1,599.00 Double…
This intensive is specifically for current yoga teachers and serious practitioners who are looking to deepen their practice while relaxing and recharging. Set in an environment that caters to personal improvement, participants will be guided through daily yoga practices, moments of self study, and have opportunities to share experiences in order to find a renewed sense of inspiration and dedication. Not only will this retreat give you the space to expand your yoga practice, but you will also have the chance to work with a professional photographer (Brooke Michelle Jackson) who will take both yoga and lifestyle (if you desire) photos throughout the course.
Sunday *flights should arrive by 3pm if possible*
5pm Welcome and Yin/Yang Class
This class will begin with pranayama and meditation before moving into a vinyasa flow. It will finish with longer holds of hip and hamstring opening stretches.
8am Primary Series with Irene
This class will closely resemble the Ashtanga primary series, with a few added poses and transitions thrown in. The Ashtanga series can play an important role in structuring a home practice, and Irene and Eleonora love to use it to sequence some of their classes.
11am Free time for beach / journaling
4pm Inversion Workshop with Irene
This workshop will focus on the foundations of a strong and flexible inversion practice. You will learn many drills both on and off the wall to advance your current practice and help you become more confident teaching inversions to your students. No matter where you are in your inversion practice, this workshop will leave you with useful tips and tricks to implement.
6:30am Sunrise on the beach
7:30am Rocket Yoga practice
This class mixes elements of the different Ashtanga series into one fun and playful vinyasa class.
Noon – Photography session
We will cover the basics of capturing beautiful yoga poses, both in terms of asana and how to use a camera. Photos will also be captured by a professional photographer.
4pm Flow with Eleonora
This class will be a slower flow focused on hip opening.
7:30pm Evening Activity (TBD)
8am Flow with Irene
This class will be based off of how Irene sequences her own practice.
4-6pm Backbending Workshop
In this workshop Irene will share her tips and tricks for safely deepening back flexibility through strength. We will work on foundational poses such as upward facing dog as well as more advanced variations like scorpion – as well as how to practice and teach them in a safe yet accessible way.
8am Vinyasa class with Eleonora
This class will blend several styles of vinyasa yoga into one fun and creative flow.
1pm optional Cenote trip or open practice in the afternoon
(Open practice gives you the space to work on your practice at your own pace, under the guidance of a teacher)
Dinner on your own in town
8am Movement with Irene
This class will be an introduction to Ido Portal’s style of movement and teaching, with dynamic and fun drills to challenge you in every way.
10am Brunch and Marketing discussion
4:30pm Yin Flexibility with Eleonora
In this class we will focus on going deeper into flexibility based poses as well as more restorative yin style poses.
7:30pm Guided Relaxation with Irene
Saturday *flights should leave after 2pm if possible.
8am Bend and Fly with Irene
Enjoy your practice with a light heart in this playful vinyasa flow to combine all of Irene’s favorite elements (like backbends and inversions) into one class.
- Transportation to and from the Cancun International Airport (30 min drive)
- Twice daily yoga practices ranging from vinyasa to yin
- Daily meditation and lectures/discussions on yoga theory and philosophy, social media, photography, and more
- Special workshops on backbends, inversions, and more
- Professional photos
- Brunch daily
- 5 dinners
- Laundry, yoga mats, and towels
- Free time to enjoy on the beach or to head out on an excursion of your choice (additional fees apply)
- Upon completion you will receive a certificate that counts for 50 hours of continued education through Yoga Alliance (there will be some small homework/journaling assignments)
What’s not included:
- Additional excursions (prices vary depending on excursion type)
- Spa and Body Treatments
- Travel insurance (recommended)/ Travel Visas