Original Instructions Skills Immersion Week in Chaupin (Chavin), Peru
- Original Instructions School
- Chavin, Lima District, Peru
- Nov 7 - 14, 2018 (8 days)
- $2,100 to $2,400
Original Instructions School is excited to offer you our life enhancing Original Instructions Skills Immersion retreat at the Highland Peruvian temple of Chaupin with our teachers Christine Mcardle-Oquendo and Brittany Jade. During this transformational, week-long immersion you will have the opportunity to take your parenting, teaching, yoga practice and inner connection to the next level by attending Christine’s Om Shree Om advanced classes, with a focus in the Bowspring alignment posture. All while being surrounded by the ancient indigenous Huachuma temple of Chaupin.
When you are not expanding through your classes with Christine, you will have the opportunity to take your knowledge and skills of Traditional Shamanic Herbalism to the next level with Original Instructions founder and teacher Brittany Jade. During her immersion classes you will practice hands-on traditional ancestral offerings, medicine preparation, healing techniques and more.
As with all of our Original Instructions Immersion Weeks we will be having lessons from local indigenous elders, as well as dietary and lodging accommodations that provide health and rejuvenation for all. During this week we will also be offering our students the opportunity to participate in two traditional Huachuma Ceremonies in the temple of Chaupin. These ceremonies can be deeply moving and life changing. Our local hosts will guide us through traditional ceremonies, during which we will work with healing ourselves through plant medicine, ancestral indigenous music, fire keeping and mesa laying.
This Immersion Week Includes:
- Lodging for the duration of the immersion
- Roundtrip transportation from Lima to our accommodations
- All major meals made from medicinal whole foods
- Daily nutritional and medicinal teas made from freshly harvested plants
- Entrance into the temple of Chaupin
- 2 guided Huachuma ceremonies in the temple of Chaupin
- All materials for our hands-on lessons
- Daily classes from our Original Instructions teachers
- Daily lessons from local indigenous Elders, medicine people, archeologists and herbalist about the history and medicinal practices of Chaupin
- A certificate honoring your hands-on herbalism practicum and Yoga Alliance hours
- Donations to local environmental and cultural conservation projects