School of Scared Arts - 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, Bali - April
- The Yoga Barn - Ubud, Bali
- Ubud, Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
- Apr 1 - 28, 2018 (28 days)
- $3650 USD
The School of Sacred Arts brings you a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is designed to share our knowledge, understanding, and experience of yoga in all its depth, beauty and diversity; to teach and live with integrity and authenticity; and to inspire the next generation of yoga instructors towards a life of service. We achieve this in part by including only the most learned, sincere, and experienced teachers and practitioners on our team, and by keeping our trainings grounded in Satya (Truth).
Our Yoga Teacher Training:
Balancing the practical, theoretical and experiential aspects of yoga, our 200 hour Bali Yoga Teacher Training course is designed to provide you with a well-rounded, comprehensive training, giving you the tools, techniques, and confidence that allow you to begin teaching at a professional level.
Believing that the ability to ‘lead from the heart’ is inherent in everyone, we’ll have you begin ‘practice teaching’ right away, tuning you into your natural gifts from the start. You’ll first work in pairs and then in small groups—developing your style and poise—before moving on, towards the end of the training, to lead the entire class through a sequence of your own creation.
Our twice-daily asana classes (taught in the Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, and Yin Yoga traditions by veteran instructors) include both pranayama and meditation practice, and our ‘Posture Clinics’ provide greater insight into specific asanas by exploring and studying them in depth. Areas of focus include: proper alignment; anatomy, physiology and kinesiology; health benefits; symbolism; Sanskrit/common names; as well as modifications and variations.
Please note that our 200 hour yoga teacher training in Bali is our flagship offering. Trainings in other locations will feature a different focus, with smaller class sizes and areas of study unique to the indigenous culture and environment.
Daily Talks & Discussions:
Include but are not limited to subjects such as:
History of Yoga
Yoga: Styles, Systems, and Approaches
Ayurveda: The Science of Life
Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras (Classical/Raja Yoga)
Pranayama and Breathing: Methods and Effects
Meditation: Styles and Techniques
Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology
Sequencing (Vinyasa Krama)
Principles of Alignment and Injury Prevention
Bandhas and Mudras
Fasting, Cleansing, Nutrition and Detox
Adjusting and The Dynamics of Touch
Yoga, Ethics, and Business
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Bali Workshops:
Instructors whose expertise lies in specific areas of practice facilitate the sizeable ‘workshop’ portion of our course. Subjects such as Ayurveda, Pre- and Post-Natal Yoga, Sanskrit, Honoring the Divine Feminine, ‘Working with the Energetic Body’, and Advanced Yin Yoga are explored during these modules, which vary in length between one half-day and three days, depending on the subject.
Set overlooking the lush grounds of The Yoga Barn amphitheater, the Garden Kafe serves fresh wholesome foods; with separate raw, vegan and Ayurvedic menu items. The Juice Bar has bottles of freshly pressed juices, coconuts, popsicles and healthy snacks.
The Garden Kafe is well known for its varied healthy menu (including breakfast, lunch, dinner , raw deserts, coffee and chai) as well as its weekly Sunday Lunch Buffets, following Sunday Dance and bi-monthly family-style Dinner Buffets on Monday Movie Nights.
Special Guests and Events:
We invite practitioners and teachers of other natural health and wellness systems to share their knowledge, wisdom and experience with us, as we can incorporate many of these complementary healing practices into our yoga (which is in itself a healing art). Many of these practitioners are also available for private sessions, providing support, care and insight during your journey.
When holding events at the Yoga Barn Bali we are able to draw on a wide array of local teachers, guides, and events unique to Bali due to it’s popularity as an international yoga center, and the fact that so many skilled alternative health care professionals from all of the world have chosen to make Ubud, Bali their home. Many of these practitioners are also available for private sessions, providing support, care and insight during your journey.
Often, we include ecstatic dance, chanting, kirtan, pujas, and homas (fire ceremonies) and other rituals to assist us in deepening our experience and to facilitate our personal transformation.
Woven throughout the core curriculum, the spiritual dimensions of the practice are by far the most important. It is our awakening to the symbolic nature of the cosmos, the patterns reflected in nature, and our essential unity with ‘all that is’ that allows us to truly shine as yogis and teachers.
As we attune to such universal truths on the mat, we are increasingly able to experience them in other dimensions of our lives as well. In learning to align with ‘the way of things’ through our yoga practice, we not only purify ourselves, we become more effective guides for others as they travel their own, unique karmic paths.
As all authentic wisdom traditions the world over lead to the same place, we will often refer to them—in addition to the more ‘classical’ yoga lineages and approaches—so as not to become fixated on one frame of reference.
In the end, it is all about love, freedom, and self-realization, not which teacher we follow or what path of awakening we choose. While we are your guides, doing all that we can to comfort you and help you grow, it is ultimately up to you to determine your own route ‘home’. We look forward to sharing some of that sacred journey with you.
Always reverent of the concept of ‘Lila’ (Sanskrit for the ‘divine play’ which creates the universe), we encourage the lighter side of the practice. Gratitude and delight blossom within us all as we gather to share, creating trainings that are deep, meaningful, transformational…and lots of fun!
At the end of our Yoga Teacher Training program, students are awarded a ‘Certificate of Achievement’ upon graduation; in addition to certifying you as a qualified instructor, this grants you the ability to register with the globally recognized Yoga Alliance USA as an ‘RYT-200′ (a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 200 hour level).
We are committed to creating inclusive spaces in yoga where people of all beliefs, backgrounds and cultures are welcome. We recognize and celebrate the diversity that exists in this world and seek to ensure that all individuals have access to the transformational power of yoga.
Terms and Conditions:
The full cost of the program is USD $3,650. The cost of the Yoga Teacher Training includes all classes, workshops, educational materials and special events for the duration of the course, in addition to a complimentary visit to Yoga Barn’s Ayurvedic Centre, KUSH.
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to secure your registration. The balance of $3,150 must reach SOSA one month prior to the commencement date. If not, your place may be offered to someone on the waiting list and you will forfeit the deposit.
- Payments may be made by direct deposit in U.S. dollars to Valiant Bank, Switzerland. Please carefully read the section in your Welcome packet (especially to avoid large fees!) regarding making a payment.
- Please be advised, in order to trace your payment, when making a transfer into the SOSA account, you must use your name as the reference or tell us what name you used as the reference. Please email us when you have made your transfer.
- The final amount received by SOSA must be the exact course fee. You are responsible for any additional fees (i.e. transfer and/or exchange fees) that the bank charges.
- As SOSA and all associated organizers, teachers, facilitators and venue owners and management are not responsible for any personal injury or illness (please sign and return our waiver, to be sent under separate cover) we encourage you to come prepared with your own health and/or travel insurance.
- The deposit is non-refundable but is transferable to a later event.
- Tuition (less deposit) can be refunded in full 3 months ++ out from the commencement of the event.
- 50% tuition (less deposit) will be refunded 6 weeks – 3 months out from the training. Extenuating circumstances may be considered.
- Due to the logistics involved in planning an international Yoga Teacher Training, Immersion, or Retreat, we regret that we are unable to provide full or partial refunds beyond 6 weeks of the event. Extenuating circumstances may be considered.
- In the unlikely event that the course you have registered for is cancelled, your money and your deposit will be returned minus an administrative cost of USD $100