Five Day Visionary Art and Medicine Expedition
- Santuario Healing Center
- Pucallpa, Peru
- $910.00 - 795 Retreat price + 115 Registration Payment. (If we can't accommodate your dates, your registration will be refunded.)
Take a fascinating exploration of the arts and culture of the Upper Amazon on this magical, action packed expedition with a visionary artist as your guide!
In this Five Day Visionary Art and Medicine Expedition:
- Spend three days in the tranquil rainforest around the boiling river at Santuario Huishtin!
- Participate in two transformative ayahuasca medicine ceremonies.
- Have a completely unique creative adventure with painting classes with a renowned visionary artist!
- Take a fascinating botanical hike with Maestro Enrrique Santiago, to see medicinal plants and trees in the rainforest and around the famous boiling river.
- Embark on a boat ride on the Ucayali rive, the heartland of the Shipibo Conibo people, to visit the Shipibo community of San Francisco, famed for their highly distinctive ceramics and embroidery.
- Visit the Usko-Ayar Amazonian School of Painting that was founded by the late Pablo Amaringo, a famous visionary artist and shaman.
- Visit the art studios of some of Pablo’s most well known students and take away a unique souvenir!
Venue HighlightsSituated on the famous "boiling river of the Upper Amazon," Santuario Huishtin is a centre unlike any other in Peru for its unique beauty and magical environment. Here, the rainforest shimmers with energy and you will experience tranquility and the ability to go deep in your healing work not found any where in the world. Founded and run by the maestros and their family (Maestro Santiago Enrrique Paredes Melendez, his partner and wife Maestra Ayme Vargas, and brother Maestro Hegner Paredes Melendez) you will participate in authentic healing practices in the tradition of "vegetalismo" (plant spirit shamanism) in a safe and comfortable environment. Here the medicine is pure and powerful. Santiago Enrrique Paredes Melendez and his family have become renown in Peru for their knowledge of plant diets and Santuario has become the best place in Peru to commit to apprenticeships and long term, individualized study with Amazonian plant teachers.
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe serve the traditional Amazonian diet for working with plant medicines that involve rice, plantains, fish, eggs, and vegetables. We can accommodate your diet if you are vegan or vegetarian or require gluten or dairy free.
AccommodationsSantuario is a very peaceful and secure environment. Everyone has their own private room and bed (including bedding and towel) and mosquito net at the center. There are proper toilets and water is drawn from the boiling river for bathing. It is a natural, ecological environment that is profoundly beautiful and simple.
DirectionsPucallpa is the nearest city and airport. We work with professional and talented English speaking guides that will meet you at any location in Pucallpa and bring you to Santuario. Santuario is located approximately 3 hours outside of Pucallpa and requires a journey by dirt road, boat, and by foot through the jungle. The journey to Santuario is a fascinating adventure unto itself!