An Awake and Responsive Heart – The Dharma Approach to Working with Political and Emotional Unease in Chaotic Times
- Heartwood Refuge and Retreat Center
- 159 Osceola Rd Hendersonville, NC
- Aug 8 - 12, 2018 (5 days)
- $363.00 - Residential Optionplus dana (offered at the end of the retreat) to the teacher and to Heartwood. You can read more about the practice of dana here. $276.00 - Commuter Option plus dana (offered at the end of the…
During these challenging and chaotic times, how do we best utilize meditation and mindfulness to prepare for and meet these challenges skillfully? Can practice help us to stay engaged with a compassionate heart while also offering a respite from the nearly daily challenges to our principles, values, and sense of fairness and justice, that we encounter? The dharma offers a wellspring of wisdom and tools that can refresh and renew us. Through meeting our joys and sorrows with awareness and compassion, this retreat will help us step out of our reactive patterns and reset our hearts to continue our journey with loving attentiveness and wise action. We will also identify practical approaches and insights for staying engaged in our communities and beyond.
This retreat, held mostly in silence, will include periods of sitting and walking meditation, daily instructions, dharma talks, q&a and private meetings with the teacher.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Parking
- Gluten Free