Shamanic Journey & Forms of Power
- Menla Retreat & Spa
- 375 Pantherkill Rd, Phoenicia NY 12464
- Oct 7 - 9, 2018 (3 days)
- MENLA Deluxe Queen - $879.00 MENLA Private Queen Shared Bath - $817.00 MENLA Deluxe Double - Shared bath (Shared Room) - $705.00 MENLA Standard Single - $723.00 MENLA Standard Double (Shared Room) - $675.00 MENLA Standard…
The Shamanic Journey is a method of accessing inner wisdom through the meditative state. It is derived from a practice done by the healers, or shamans, of indigenous shamanic cultures. It is performed to gain insight and effect healing and has been a common practice of many indigenous cultures for thousands of years. Isa Gucciardi, Ph.D. is an early pioneer of adapting the shamanic journey to a therapeutic practice. Her unique style of teaching the journey includes a process of inquiry that is transformative and helps students step fully into their own personal power. Counseling professionals will find this methodology useful in working with their clients.
Tuesday morning there will be a special closing class and ceremony which will distill many of the teachings of the Shamans and Siddhas and Shamanic Journey retreats. Participants will have the opportunity to participate in a ceremony related to the land and unique energies of Menla. We will be working with the elements and the spirits of the land. This will be highly experiential and will deepen your understanding of the unseen world that supports this beautiful place.
The 10 hr Shamanic Journey workshop will:
• Thoroughly ground you in a life-changing practice for spiritual inquiry that fits easily into even the busiest schedule.
• Provide tools and tips for framing questions and interpreting your journey experiences.
• Help you to know how to make the distinction between interpreting the often symbolic language of intuitive wisdom and engaging in magical thinking.
• Help you to explore and relate to unfamiliar fields of consciousness safely.
You will find this retreat especially beneficial if you:
• Seek to develop trust in yourself and your connection to your inner wisdom.
• Are eager to enhance your innate creativity or generate the momentum to get unstuck in some area of your life.
• Are ready to step into, and live the rest of your life as, your authentic best self.
• Have burning questions about who you really are and your place in the world.
What students are saying about The Shamanic Journey:
“The Shamanic Journey is one of the best things I’ve done for myself.”
– Meg D.
“I have felt an expansion of perspective and inner self esteem rooted in genuine personal regard since the Shamanic Journey weekend. I am quickened by this shamanic journeying process. Building the relationship with my guides and knowing they are committed to my development in a compassionate and wise manner is just what I needed. Utilizing the information gleaned in the journey is empowering and fruitful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
– Sarah H.
Sunday October 7th
- 4 – 6pm Shamanic Journey Training
- 6 – 7 pm Dinner
- 7:30 – 9:30pm Shamanic Journey Training
Monday October 8th
- 7 – 8am Yoga
- 8 – 9am Breakfast
- 9am – 12pm Shamanic Journey Training
- 12 – 1pm Lunch
- 1 – 4pm Free time for Relaxation, Hiking, Spa Appointments/Sauna & Steam
- 4:30 – 6pm Shamanic Journey Training
- 6 – 7pm Dinner
- 7:30 – 9pm Shamanic Journey Training (Completion of 10 hr Shamanic Journey Course)
Tuesday October 9th
- 7 – 8am Yoga
- 8 – 9am Breakfast
- 10am – 12pm Special Closing Class and Ceremony
- 11am Check out of Room
- 12 – 1pm Lunch & Departure
Note: Schedule is subject to change at anytime