14 Day Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in Costa Rica - May 2018
- Downward Dog Yoga Centre
- Playa Guiones, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- May 7 - 21, 2018 (15 days)
This yoga teacher training program is an opportunity for you to find the means to Master and Balance your yoga practice. For practitioners it is an opportunity to deepen your understanding of the practice, for teachers, this program can be an add on to your 200 hr TT., and would be considered an elective as part of our 300-Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Certification. Downward Dog Yoga Center has been a teaching school since 1999, and is registered with the Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour, 300-hour, and 500-hour levels.
Who is this for?
For any teacher or practitioner who wants to refine their practice, as well as advance in their practice. This training is for you if you have:
- A consistent practice of at least 3 years
- A desire to hone in and refine your teaching skills.
- A wish to learn about living, practicing and teaching the 8-limbed yoga path towards cultivating a centred, grounded and purposeful life.
- An inclination to learn the skills of balancing the nervous system through the practice and teaching of Restorative Yoga.
- An aspiration to bring yoga practice off the mat and awaken the “living yoga” to transform your life.
M.A.P. “Mastering the Art of Practice (45 Hr Training )
- Mysore style self-practice. This intensive is for anyone wishing to deepen their practice in a Mysore style setting. You will be learning to develop a self-practice, which creates both discipline, but also endurance, independence and freedom!
- Asana Lab. How to truly deepen and refine your physical and mental awareness around your practice. Some of the Asana Lab topics will be: Deep hip-openers and twists, Deeper and healthier backbends, Stability and strength in arm balances, Mastering your inversions, and more!
Transformation Through Restoration (20 Hr Training)
- We will be working with the “moon” or lunar practice of Restorative Yoga to balance the “sun” or solar energies of the vinyasa practice.
- In this intensive, you will learn the art, skill and beauty of the inner self practice of Restorative Yoga. Ways to support the solar practice with moon sequences, Restorative Yoga support at the end of practice, or a stand-alone full Restorative practice and ways to begin integrating and teaching this amazing regenerative and nourishing balancing practice.
Homework assignments will be given after the intensive to complete 100hr RYS.
About the Teachers
Since 1999, Ron Reid and Marla Meenakshi Joy have been leaders in Teacher Training / Workshops / Intensives in Canada at their centre (www.downwarddog.com) as well as around the globe.
Their background and foundation is Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, and the Vinyasa style of practice as a general theme weaves its way through their non-dogmatic and informative style, providing both inspiration to the practice as well as an all-encompassing portrait of yoga as a whole. The “8-limbed” practice is what they live by and teach by, and encourage the study and practice of all 8 limbs to each and every student. Infused with over 30 years of experience and practice, Ron and Marla bring a depth of insight to the yoga practice, along with a light-hearted, kind, and open teaching style. They are also Kirtan singers, and have composed over 5 CD’s.
When I think of a yogi, I think of Ron Reid. He teaches from what he has learned from his many years of practice, you can feel that. Even if you’ve been practicing for years and years he makes you feel curious and excited about yoga through his soft spoken, humorous and extremely intelligent way of teaching!
- 100hr Training Program: Ashtanga Yoga with Ron Reid & Restorative Marla Meenakshi Joy
- 14 Nights Accommodation: double accommodation in a high-end boutique hotel with ocean & jungle view, swimming pool, completely renovated rooms. Please precise if you are a couple. Possibility to upgrade to Single Accommodation.
- F&B: vegetarian breakfasts, lunches for 10 training days.
- Welcome & last night dinner will be organised. You will have 2 free days for which we leave you the freedom of F&B options. As in Nosara there are so many dinner options, and it is a nice evening experience, we give you the freedom to choose you dinner place. It is also a great way to get to know beautiful Nosara better.
- 2 Activities: activities in Nosara area during free days.
- Transfer: 2 shuttle taxis from Liberia airport to Nosara (morning & afternoon) will be provided. In case you fly in and from San Jose, we can help you to organise the shuttle with additional fare.
- Airplane: please arrange you arrival flight on the 7th of May. Let us know if you need any help with flight arrangements, we can take care of this for additional fare of 20% from the ticket price.
- Additional Activities: we can organise for you any additional activities like surfing lessons, tours to the Wildlife refuge of Ostional, horse-back riding, quad tours, edible tours, local community visit, spa services, etc.
Venue HighlightsPlaya Guiones is a magic place! At this nearly two-mile-long beach, with white sand and perfect waves, because of governmental regulations, nothing can be built nearby. When you're sunbathing or surfing, it appears as if civilization has left you far behind. The small town located very nearby has some shops, great places to eat and drink, car rental agencies, pharmacies, etc.
The hotel is located up the hill 8min drive from the beach and the animated town center in the quite and peaceful place with the incredible ocean & mountain view, eagles flying by the rooftop yoga deck, and monkeys waking you up in the morning.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
6:30 - 8:30 Mysore / Led Class
8:30 - 9:30 Breakfast: vegetarian menu, vegan options
09:30 - 12:00 Asana Lab with Ron Reid
Afternoon12:00 - 13:00
Lunch: vegetarian menu, vegan options
14:30 - 16:30 Restorative with Marla Meenakshi Joy
Free time / beach / sunset watching / free dinner options in Guiones beach town
2 Activities on the days off: Optional wildlife refuge visit: ridley turtles (depending on the moon cycle) / waterfalls or coffee plantation visit
AccommodationsAccommodation in a boutique hotel in Nosara offering first class guest experiences through accommodation, ocean view yoga deck, juice bar, gardens and pool side lounging.
Double Accommodation is included in the price. We will update the website shortly with the rooms photos (the hotel is opening beginning of February). In the meanwhile if you have any questions concerning the hotel please contact us. This is a 7-unit high-end boutique hotel which will be booked exclusively for training. You still have the moment to choose a single accommodation for additional price: at the moment there is 1 room left available with single accommodation, 3 with twin accommodation and 2 with double accommodation for couples (please specify if you prefer double accommodation rather then twin).
Juice Bar: the juice bar of the hotel will serve vegetarian breakfasts and lunches. Vegan options available on request. Please communicate to us any food restrictions you might have. The Juice Bar will be opened throughout the day serving fresh juices, smoothies, baked goods, snacks, coffee & latte options
Yoga Studio: an incredible yoga studio with 360 view - ocean and mountain views.
DirectionsFeel free to choose the flight that is the most convenient for you. The closest international airport to Nosara is Liberia. Two shuttle taxis (morning & afternoon of May 7 and May 21) will be organised for you. In case you fly to or from San Jose a private shuttle can be organised for you for an additional fare. Please go to section "contact us" for the fare estimation.
We are happy to help you to arrange your flights if you prefer it. A 20 % fare will be added to the flight tickets price in this case. If you fly to SJO International airport, we can book Nature Air, an excellent, local carbon-neutral airline that flies into Nosara. From there we can book for your a taxi (15 min drive from Nosara airport) that will bring you directly to Vivo Hotel Nosara.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding travel between San Jose - Liberia - Nosara Vivo Hotel.