200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN COSTA RICA
- Iguana Lodge Beach Resort and Spa
- Puerto Jiménez, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
- Aug 4, 2018 - Aug 19, 2018 (16 days)
- $2,400.00 - Program Cost
Make your passion your profession!
Learn to teach yoga in a supportive and encouraging environment that will leave you with wonderful friends from all over the world.
Our teacher training offers the highest standard of teachings, authentic and approachable methodology, and above all hands-on and practical experience for enhanced personal practice and teaching skills. Our program aims at developing teachers who encourage and inspire, who demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of individuals as well as the group.
Build the foundation to teach skillfully, with compassion, integrity and safety as you discover your own unique voice and style. Learn a comprehensive base of yoga therapy and to teach yoga to people of all ages and fitness levels.
And above all study with passionate, high-quality teachers, who have a lifetime of practice and professional experience.
Come join us and take your practice to the next level in the perfect setting for a yoga training!
AUGUST 4-19, 2018
Instructors : Cynthia Maher E-RYT 500, Gretchen Williams RYT-300
Where: Iguana Lodge, Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
All inclusive tuition: $3850 before March 16, 2018 after $4150 ($2400 program only)
All-inclusive pricing includes : manual, three healthy organic meals per day, double room accupancy, Wi-Fi, transportation to and from the Puerto Jimenez airport to the Iguana Lodge.
Not included : yoga books for studies, air or ground transportation (other then airport transfer from the Puerto Jimenez airport to the Iguana Lodge), Costa Rica departure tax, travel insurance, gratuities.
For more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
I found Cynthia's yoga teacher training to be both informative and supportive! I was given ample opportunities to practice teaching from the start of the training, and I learned a great deal about class sequencing and alignment! We not only learned vinyasa class sequencing but also practiced chair yoga, yin yoga, and yoga for PTSD. It was wonderful to learn from a teacher who has such skill and experience! I definitely recommend Cynthia's yoga teacher training for students who are committed to having a strong start as a yoga teacher! Kelly Paquette, USA
- Whether you are interested in learning to teach yoga or simply deepen your own practice, expand your self awareness and transform your life, this Yoga Teacher Training is committed to the personal success of every participant. The participants will be immersed in a program rich in the full spectrum of all that is yoga: vibrant, purposeful, authentic, conscious, joyful, balanced, sacred, spiritual and transformative.
- This training will have you certified in the most popular and in demand styles of teaching. You will learn to develop your own sequences based on the needs of your students and based on what is authentic to you. You will have the foundation to lead others confidently, knowledgeably and safely.
- STYLES: Vinyasa (flow), Hatha (traditional) & Yin
- TEACHER TRAINING CURRICULUM:
- Study of asana (proper alignment, benefits, modifications, contra-indications)
- Principles of anatomy
- Exploration of pranayama, meditation, bhandas, and mantras
- Art of sequencing classes
- Art of savasana & Thai Yoga massage
- Hands-on assists and use of props
- Principles of demonstration, observation & class instruction
- Ayurveda 101, Doshas
- Cultivating your voice
- Confidence-building through practice teaching
- Basic overview of; yoga for kids, yoga for seniors, yoga for pre/post natal, yoga for PTDS
- Chair yoga for seniors, office workers, and travelers
- Instructing a multi-level class
- The benefits & hidden effects of asanas
- Common yoga injuries and prevention
- Modifications of asanas to various levels & injuries
- Creative flow: vinyasa sequencing
- Yin poses & sequencing
- Yoga history and philosophy (yoga scriptures, Yamas and Niyamas…)
- Sanskrit/English names of postures
- The business of Yoga and ethics
- FREE 1-year follow-up program for the graduates
- One to two years of personal yoga practice.
- Be open-minded. Arrive with a willing heart and desire to move towards a life of a yogi and to have the most rewarding experience.
- At the end of the course, students that fulfill all the requirements will receive a 200 hour certification of Yoga Training recognized internationally by the Yoga Alliance.
Venue HighlightsIGUANA LODGE BEACH RESORT – SPA – YOGA HAVEN
Iguana Lodge is a cool, contemporary tropical beachfront resort in the remote jungles of the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica. For years Iguana Lodge has been providing exceptional accommodations, service and lifetime memories to thousands of guests from around the world.
For more information visit, www. iguanalodge.com
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleDaily Schedule Overview
6 - 8 am Practice
8 - 9 am Breakfast
9 - 1 pm Lecture
1 - 2 pm Lunch & Break
2 - 4 pm Lecture
4 - 6 pm Practice
6 - 7 pm Dinner
Most days will be from 6 am-6 pm but may change due to weather and possible other circumstances.
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
AccommodationsLiving in the tropics is all about outside living. Throughout the 15 acre property enjoy balconies, terraces, palapas, arbors, outdoor garden rooms and ever present hammocks and deck chairs — all the better to enjoy the view, the wildlife, your life. Iguana Lodge is about nature and peaceful co-existence. We do not provide televisions nor air-conditioning, however we do provide an awesome experience in the jungle on the beach.
Welcome to the tropics.
Your deluxe accommodations include
100% Egyptian cotton sheets
bunches of fluffy towels and robes
organic shampoos, soaps, and other goodies for the global traveler
batik beach sarongs
fresh tropical flowers
ocean breezes backed up by quiet, cooling fans