Dropping into the Infinite: 8th Retreat at Kutir, Bologna, Italy
Yogrishi Vishvketu (Vishva-ji), Himalayan Master and founder of Akhanda Yoga, has been coming to Italy regularly for many years to teach with senior Akhanda Yoga teacher Pranav at Kutir in Bologna. This wonderful collaboration has brought us to the 8th Akhanda Italia Retreat! Since 8 in the horizontal relates to the symbol of the Infinite, this workshop will focus on an ever-deepening journey through the five layers of being and finally dropping into the Vast, Infinite Self:
- Anamaya Kosha (physical layer)
- Pranamaya Kosha (pranic layer)
- Manomaya Kosha (mental/emotional layer)
- Vijnanamaya Kosha (intuitive layer)
- Anandamaya Kosha (bliss layer)
During this transformative weekend, you will learn about the original anatomy of yoga and experience how awareness of these layers can revitalize our practice and support us in daily life. Akhanda means whole, indivisible and unbroken tradition. Vishva-ji will apply the map of the Koshas to a full repertoire of yoga techniques including asana, cooking, pranayama, mantra, Yoga Nidra, Bhakti practices and meditation to help you tap into our own wholeness drop into your connection to the Vast, the Infinite! Bhakti Yoga in particular encourages the final surrender of the idea of the limited self helps us to step into this expanded Self.
During the weekend you will participate in:
- Five Koshas Yoga classes in which you’ll be guided through a short sequence three times, taking you gradually more internal;
- Cooking happy food to balance and energize the body;
- An extended pranayama practice to expand your energetic being;
- Soundwork and Vedic mantra to help to release dross from the mental consciousness;
- A restorative Yoga Nidra practice to tap into your intuition and establish fresh intentions for your life;
- Bhakti work with archetypes and kirtan (praise) to release focus on the small self;
- Spontaneous meditations allowing you to savour the bliss of the anandamaya kosha and the infinite grace of the universe!
FRIDAY APRIL 6
05.00 – 06.30 pm Satsang: presentation of the program and the participants
06.30 – 08.30 pm Introduction to 5 Koshas and class followed by Kirtan: Francesca Conati
SATURDAY APRIL 7
09.00 – 10.45 am Practice: 5 Koshas Class
11.00 – 12.45 Theory: Overview of the 5 Koshas – Food layer + Cooking with Vishva-ji
01.00 – 02.00 pm Sattvic Meal with food mantra
03.00 – 04.00 pm Theory: Pranamaya Kosha and the 5 Vayus
04.00 – 05.45 pm Practice: Focus on the pranic body or Pranamaya Kosha
06.00 – 07.00 pm Ice-cream break or Happy Meal (not included in the fee)
07.00 – 08.30 pm Kirtan Bhakti Yoga with Francesca Conati and Prema Kumar
SUNDAY APRIL 8
05.30 – 06.17 am Agnihotra / Fire Puja
06.30 – 08.30 am Silence: Breakfast followed by a walk
09.00 – 10.30 am Practice: Akhanda Intermediate
10.30 – 11.45 am Theory: What is the mind? Insights on Manomaya and Vijnanamaya Kosha
12.00 – 01.00 pm Sattvic meal with food mantra
02.00 – 03.00 pm Practice: Yoga Nidra lesson with Dr. Rajesh Shrivastava
03.00 – 04.30 pm Theory and Satsang on Anandamaya Kosha: What is happiness?
04.30 – 06.15 pm Practice: Mantra, Meditation with Bhakti Yoga with Prema Kumar
06.30 pm Final ceremony with certificates for the 8th Akhanda Yoga Meeting Italy
– Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
– All classes
– Certificate of attendance
– A cup for your tea during the retreat
– Yoga mats are available
GETTING TO BOLOGNA:
Bologna is a unique, medieval city, considered the big crossroads of Italy, for its central access in travel. From Bologna, one can easily take the train and see places like Milan, Venice, Florence and Rome.
Many international flights offer direct connections to BLQ Bologna’s International Airport Guglielmo Marconi. Ryanair offers very affordable flights within Europe.
The train “Frecciarossa” commutes regularily between Bologna and other major cities
- Milan (north 150 miles – 1hr train) 40 euro one way, leaves every 20 min
- Rome (south 320 Miles- 2 hrs train), 60 euro one way
- Florence (west 75 Miles- 30’ train), 24 euro one way
- Venice (east 110 Miles 2hr train), 18 euro one way
HOW TO GET TO THE KUTIR
Taxi from airport to Kutir Yoga Studio is about 15 euro; from the train station 10 euro.
The B&Bs are close to the Kutir.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Pranav direct mobile +39 3356629789
Kutir Front Office +39 051 5870932
Recommended for Sightseeing:
- Top of Asinelli tower 97 meters of ancient stairs
- Middle age Churches, Abbeys and Towers
- Neptune Statue (Symbol of Bologna) holding the Trident (very similar to Shiva’s Trishula)
- 16th Century Wine Bar~ still operating
- Subterranean galleries and an ancient hidden water channel
- FICO Permanent Food Fair (100.000 m) Eataly branded
- Museum of Egypt
- Famous for Carracci and Caravaggio, a place where the underground Italian artist and music scene began, and has earned the name of the wise, the red and the fat.
BOLOGNA WELCOME http://www.bolognawelcome.com/
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.