holy water (weeklong yoga retreat)
holy water is a weeklong retreat situated on a stunning river at the lush eden eco village in kampot, cambodia. it is a deep dive into your yoga practice. a call to love yourself, to challenge yourself, to allow yourself to be wrung out. to surrender to the flow of the current and to trust in its ability to soften your rough edges.
"may what i do flow from me like a river, no forcing and no holding back, the way it is with children." rainer maria rilke
- what's included
- • shared or private accommodation in simple bungalows
- • three delicious and nourishing meals daily*
- • coffee, tea, and coconuts
- • three hours of guided practice each morning
- • 90 minutes of guided meditation and yin each evening
- • one massage for each participant
- • the use of kayaks, canoes, and bicycles during free time
- • a welcome ceremony the evening of june 30
- • a closing ceremony the morning of july 6
- • an accompanying workbook
- travel to and from the retreat is not included; however, assistance will be available regarding your options. one month visas on arrival are offered to most people entering cambodia by plane or by bus for $30.
- *only dinner is included on the first day, and only breakfast is included on the last day.
- proceeds benefit the river yoga initiative
- giving yoga education to disadvantaged local women
- your money is directly serving the kampot community by sharing the practice of yoga. the proceeds sponsor local women working at banteay srei spa, a non-profit social enterprise, to learn the art of teaching yoga so that they may find healing, share the practice with their loved ones, and gain access to a wider variety of employment options.
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Bicycles For Rent
Schedulesample daily schedule
sunrise quiet time.
7.30 - 10.00am morning practice.
afternoon free time for kayaking, cycling, visiting town, or receiving spa treatments (optional lunch* at eden will be available, and specialty tours can be arranged for you).
sunset meditation and evening yin.
10.00pm evening quiet time and lights out.
*all meals feature a simple, locally sourced menu featuring authentic cambodian cuisine as well as some western dishes. (dietary restrictions can be accommodated by request.)
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/Cuisineeden eco offers a beautiful menu with all of the delights of cambodian food and some simple western dishes as well. most meals will be served family style to reduce waste; however, dietary restrictions will be accommodated to the best of our abilities.
Accommodationsthe rustic bungalows of eden are an homage to the intelligence and simplicity of khmer design. in addition to breathtaking views of the river and the grounds, each bungalow is equipped with an eco-friendly shower, a bed with a mosquito net, and a fan. two bungalows have flush toilets (booked first come, first served), and there are "number one only" toilets in each room as well as shared compost toilets onsite.
wifi is available in the common area, as well as electricity to charge your devices. however, we ask that you only engage with electronics for no more than an hour each day, preferably during the afternoon break. smoking and drinking alcohol will not be permitted during the retreat. if you are a smoker, we kindly ask that you step away from the shala, the bungalows, and the farm's animals to smoke.
Directionskampot is located in southern cambodia and is most easily accessible by bus or private car. if you are arriving from the airport, you can fly into phnom penh or sihanoukville. from there a private car can be arranged on request. if you are arriving by bus, you can easily take a tuk tuk or a motorbike taxi from downtown to eden for about $5. whether arriving by land or air, most people can receive a one month visa on arrival for $30.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.