The Landscape of Myth – A Journey into the Heart of Bali through Yoga & Culture with Matt & Sara
- International Yoga
- Banjar Penestanan Kaja, Sayan, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Sep 22 - 29, 2018 (8 days)
- Deluxe Room - Double Occupancy - $2,995.00 Traditional Standard- - Double Occupancy - $2,695.00
The Bali Institute, Ubud’s premiere cultural organization, will guide us on our outings to observe ancient spiritual practices and meet community leaders and dignitaries to develop a better understanding of this unique culture.
Bali holds a very special place in Matt and Sara’s heart and they can not wait to share it with you. Join Matt and Sara for an unforgettable time on this world-class yoga retreat!
Cocooned amongst rice paddies and coconut palms, The Shala Bali is a place of peace, wellness and connection to nature.
Set back into the verdant rice fields our retreat center for the week will provide the perfect environment for this deep and nourishing work. You will enjoy beautifully decorated rooms, delicious vegetarian meals and excursions to some of Bali’s most colorful markets and sacred local temples.
- Gorgeous accommodations set back in the serenity of the verdant rice paddies
- Accompaniment of expert local guides and Bali Institute for Global Renewal staff throughout the week
- Receive a blessing and option to wade into the cleansing pools of the water temple Tirta Empul
- Visit to the Ubud morning market
- Walk through some of Bali’s iconic lush terraced rice fields
- Participate in a traditional Balinese fire ceremony
- Three organic meals daily
- Twice daily yoga & meditation with Matt & Sara
3 delicious vegetarian meals are included daily. The Shala Bali Cafe offers tasty, healthy vegetarian food, all with vegan options. They offer a range of organic spelt, sourdough and gluten free breads baked in house as well as an eclectic menu of dishes from around the world. Sourcing the best organic produce, the Shala creates changing menus of scrumptious dishes, savory and sweet, alive with color and flavor.
Rooms are spacious and breezy and decorated in a Balinese chic style. Each Villa boasts its own varying views of lush rice fields, tropical gardens and jungle vistas. Luxurious bathroom amenities will entice you to refresh and rejuvenate between practices. Sink in to this slice of paradise for the week.
Note: The rooms at The Shala are open air style and do not have air-conditioning. All rooms are equipped with fans and windows that can be opened for ventilation.
You will book your international ticket into and out of Denpasar (airport code: DPS). Airfare is not included in the retreat price.
Private airport transfers are included in the price of your trip. Whenever you arrive, day or night you will be met by a private driver and transported to the group hotel. Note if you arrive early and decide to stay at an alternate location other than our group hotel, you will be responsible for coordinating and paying for your own transportation directly with the hotel where you will be staying.
If you wish to arrive a day early to settle in and get acclimated we can request additional nights at our group hotel. Please contact us directly for rates.