Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction 8 Week Course (MBSR)
- Heartwood Refuge and Retreat Center
- 159 Osceola rd Hendersonville, NC
- Mar 27 - May 15, 2018 (50 days)
- $175.00 - plus dana (offered at the end of the retreat) to the teacher and to Heartwood. You can read more about the practice of dana here.
This 8 week, 9 session, MBSR course is based on systematic and intensive training in mindfulness meditation and mindful Hatha yoga and their applications to everyday life. Course consists of 8 two-hour weekly classes and one full day retreat.
The MBSR curriculum focuses on the experiential cultivation of both formal and informal mindfulness practices as a foundation for the cultivation of positive health behaviors and psychological and emotional resilience. These practices can be effectively used on a daily basis for the remainder of one’s life. The approach supports the learning, strengthening and integration of a range of mindfulness-based self-regulatory skills while developing and refining inherent internal resources. A primary aim of the program is to cultivate ways of learning and being which can be utilized far beyond the completion of the program.
The recommended textbook is “Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Moment and Your Life”
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Parking
- Gluten Free