Yoga & Creativity Retreat, Puglia, Italy
Stella Shakerchi and Chris Leuenberger invite you to join them in their yoga & creativity retreat held at Casina Settarte, a permaculture paradise and retreat center for somatic dance and performing arts in the beautiful nature of Puglia, Southern Italy.
Enjoy relaxing yet focused daily yoga sessions that will fit your yoga needs. Surrender to the flow of your innate creative potential and try somatic dance and/or creative writing.
While on your leisure time you can go for extensive strolls in the surrounding pine woods and olive groves, swim and play at the nearby beach and maybe after dinner join mantra chanting to calm your mind.
You will go home inspired and recharged!
„Thank you again for leading such a wonderful week with Stella. It will stay with me for a long time. My body, mind and soul feel stronger and I also have some things to ponder following the chakra session. Thank you too for all the nice moments. It was a lovely group in such a serene place. Can't believe it's been so long since we were dancing in the moonlight under the fig tree!" Sophie Craig, London / UK Umbria Retreat 2017
- - up to 2 yoga classes a day (vinyasa, kundalini, restorative, yoga nidra)
- - choice of workshops in somatic dance and/or creative writing
- - unique accommodation options typical to the South of Italy (trulli, cottages, camping)
- - locally sourced vegetarian meals
- - fresh vegetables from own permaculture garden
- - 2 hectares of olive groves, fig trees, pine forests & wild herbs
- - optional excursions to the beach and the famous, whitewashed town of Ostuni
Venue HighlightsCasina Settarte is a place where the sun is reflected on the white roofs of the Trulli sprouting here and there amongst the green of olive groves. Here daily life is marked by the principles of love for the land, attention and care for every living being and the search for our essential self.
Founded in 1993 in Puglia, Italy, Casina Settarte is a centre for creative development and education alongside the practice of sustainability, a place of creative research and experimentation surrounded by nature.
Comprising two dance studios, multi-use outdoor spaces and accommodation, the centre focuses on movement, arts and crafts, and Permaculture with a particular focus on dance and contact improvisation. We run projects, courses and workshops throughout the year, lead by ourselves and visiting teachers.
Studios / Spaces:
– One large dance studio / yoga shala of 200 square meters with wooden floor. The space is covered from sun and rain and has open sides with blinds that can be pulled down for further protection from wind, rain or sun.
– One small studio 7x5m with wooden floor, central heating and a wonderful view.
We are surrounded by 2 hectares of land with olive groves, fig trees, wild herbs (thyme, capers, oregano), almond trees and an organic garden which you can use for relaxation, research and creation.
The Geodesic Dome:
We recently built a Geodesic dome 7 meters in diameter for open air activities. The wooden structure is comprised of complex network of triangles, hexagons and pentagons and is particularly suitable for energy work and meditations.
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleDuring this retreat you will have two daily yoga classes with Chris and Stella. Experience extensive sessions of Vinyasa yoga, kundalini, restorative yoga, and celestial communication (mantras with extended mudras) in the evening.
To make full use of the life-affirming benefits of a regular yoga practice and to help unleash your creativity, we offer a choice of workshops in creative writing or somatic dance on three afternoons.
You will start your day with a 90 minutes Vinyasa class in the morning sun. After your class and relaxation session you will have your breakfast. There is sufficient time to rest, go for a walk in the surrounding nature or treat yourself to a massage until lunch. If you can’t get enough of the yoga, we will give the option of taking a shorter Kundalini yoga class right before lunch. Should you wish to spend a larger portion of the day swimming and relaxing at the nearby beach, we can arrange a picnic lunch.
In the late afternoon you will have a choice of creative writing or somatic dance workshops (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).
On Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday we will offer a 90 minutes restorative evening yoga class with meditation or yoga nidra.
After dinner you’re invited to join us for 20 minutes of mantras with music and mudras.
Menu/CuisineIn this retreat healthy yogic food with vegetarian and dietary options will be served.
The cuisine is typical of Puglia, based on genuine daily products, fresh and naturally grown on the Casina Settarte permaculture farm.
For more information on food, kindly send an inquiry to Chris: email@example.com
The following meals are included:
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks.
(If you have special dietary requirements its a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation)
AccommodationsCasina Settarte has various accommodation options available for visitors who can select where they stay based on needs and availability:
- The Trullo: a beautiful traditional southern Italian home. 3-4 beds, 1 double on the ground floor and 1 double/ 2 singles on the mezzanine, a bathroom and kitchenette.
- The Craniosacral Studio: double bed with ensuite bathroom next to the study, recommended for couples.
- The Lamia: quaint stone dormitory with an open fire. 4 single beds with a kitchen and bathroom.
- The Fishouse: a rustic wooden bungalow with 3 single beds and sea views on clear days.
- The Pine Forest: a perfect camping ground with shaded areas and flat surfaces that can accommodate up to 10 tents.
DirectionsAs we are in a remote place we can help you to arrange your travel plans so that we can all save time, money and the environment.
We provide a free shuttle service from the train station of Ostuni (15 minutes by car from Casina Settarte). The nearest airports are Bari and Brindisi. From Bari and Brindisi it is easy to reach Ostuni by train (half an hour from Brindisi, 1 hour from Bari).
We usually organise group transport from local points and put you in touch with other workshop participants and visitors so you can travel together. We usually pick up workshop participants at 7pm from the bar at Ostuni train station the day before the workshop starts.