WILD AWAKE: MEN'S RETREAT - 7 days Brotherhood with Mindfulness, Yoga and Adventure in Gozo, Malta
Are you ready to meet yourself just as you are without the layers of judgments you’ve carried like unwanted baggage? Are you willing to face your longings and vulnerabilities without expectations imposed by the modern notions of masculinity? Is it time for you to step into, or deepen, your commitment to live with adventure and connect more deeply to what is most alive in you? This retreat is an invitation for men of all walks of life to meet together and turn their attention towards the deeper layers of being and the truths residing in each of us.
We believe that emotionally mature, compassionate and value-driven men can help heal the deepest wounds of our communities. This retreat will guide you re-discover the beauty of the world around you, and connect to the world within. We’ll go to places with open hearts and discover how liberating it can be to touch our vulnerabilities hidden beneath all those tough, protective layers. We’ll also learn how to take responsibility and care of the pain we are capable of creating and suffering. Daily body-mind practices will guide you to carefully listen and feel into what longs to be heard, seen and felt within you.
There will be opportunities to discuss your challenges with the rest of the group during daily sharing circles. No subject is off limits and these sessions will be guided by the needs of our small community. We will gather to share in the atmosphere of trust how to go about changing negative behaviour and thought patterns, or to simply express our pain without shame or embarrassment. During this process we will also practice deep listening to others.
We deeply value the diversity of our participants: fellow men of all shapes, sizes, ages and colours. Straight, gay or transgender. We never fail to be touched by them standing shoulder-to-shoulder, willing to explore and discover what it means to be a fully dimensional man; one that is not only tough and fun-loving but also vulnerable and compassionate. We will support you in integrating these qualities into your life.
- Accommodation for 6 days
- Three delicious meals a day
- Daily Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong and other body-mind practices
- Sunrise Yoga followed by swimming
- Mindfulness tuition and guided practice
- Trip to the local horse sanctuary
- Excursions to ancient sites and guided walks around the island
- Sharing circles and discussions
What's not included
- Flights and transfers
- Travel/health insurance
You will learn:
- To practice mindfulness, be more in control of your attention and more accepting of your mind
- To cultivate the attitudes of mind that incline you toward compassionate engagement with yourself and the world
- To recognise and handle emotions more skillfully
- To use effective relationship and communication strategies for asking for what you need, saying no, setting boundaries and coping with conflict
- To be less judgemental of yourself and others
Monday 4th (6pm) to Sunday 10th (11am) June 2018
- Shared room: €970
- Single occupancy: €1,300
- One reduced fee place at €685 is available to a person willing to offer extra support to our chef in the preparation of meals
- Reduced fee places at €685 are offered to people with their own accommodation arrangements in Gozo
10% discount for bookings in twos.
This retreat takes place in the middle of the Mediterranean sea on the island of Gozo in Malta. Gozo, which means 'joy', is a little spit of land sitting in the Mediterranean Sea with a unique rocky coastal landscape, waters so crystal-clear and the sky so bright blue that you’ll have to rub your eyes to believe what you are seeing. Gozo is the second largest island of the Maltese Archipelago and is an ideal destination for those who treasure a slow, relaxed rhythm of life and cherish unspoiled countryside and being close to the sea.
- A reservation requires a deposit of 40% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.
"Challenge your body. Re centre your mind."
- *Mindfulness tuition and guided practice
- *Daily yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong and other body-mind practices
- *Excursions to ancient sites and guided walks around the island
- *Heart-opening workshop with horses at the local sanctuary
- *Sharing circles and discussions
- *Three delicious meals a day
- *6 nights' accommodation
Venue HighlightsThings to do (optional):
*Lomi Lomi Nui Bodywork €95
*Traditional Chinese massage €65
- Free Wifi
AccommodationsWe will be staying at Ta Salvu Villa, a traditional yet modern inviting farmhouse with a swimming pool in the village of Xaghra in Gozo, Malta.
DirectionsARRIVAL BY AIRPLANE
Please book your flight to arrive at Malta International Airport (MLA). Transfer from this is available upon request.
Mind Reframed can organize a transfer from the airport to the ferry terminal in Malta (Cirkewwa). Please inform Mind Reframed about your flight details and arrival time. You will be collected from the ferry and taken to the retreat venue.
There is also a direct bus X1 (2 EUR) that will take you from the airport directly to the Gozo Ferry Terminal. It takes 20 minutes to cross to Gozo. You only pay for the ferry when you leave the island (4.65 EUR).
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.