Yoga and Ayurveda teacher training by Hari OM
- Hari OM Yoga and Ayurveda
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Puntarenas Province, Quepos, Costa Rica
- Mar 24 - Apr 20, 2018 (28 days)
- $2899 - $5699
Hari OM Yoga teacher training is a comprehensive program offering an in-depth study of Yoga and her sister science, Ayurveda. The teachings are focused on the classic yoga tradition, while bringing it into context in modern times.
This is a perfect education for anyone looking to become a yoga teacher and deepen their personal yoga practice, meditation journey and knowledge of the health and wellness science of Ayurveda. Upon completion, you will receive a 200 hour certification from Hari Om School of Yoga and Yoga Alliance. Become a certified yoga teacher, practice yoga and meditation in a beautiful, peaceful and natural environment, learn about health and wellbeing and how to enrich yours and other’s lives with Ayurveda, and much more.
Explore gorgeous Costa Rica, practice yoga on an open-air bamboo deck with a jungle view and the perfect Zen environment for your journey, make meaningful connections with like-minded individuals from all over the world, and leave feeling re-connected and ready to share your love for yoga with the world.
"Yoga is the journey of the self through the self to the self" the Bhagavad Gita
- The aim of this training is to dive deep into the heart of what it means to practice yoga: by learning to love and care for your body, your home in this world; and by restoring your inner connection through discovering the true self. The training is rooted in bhakti-yoga, the yoga of devotion. Hari OM founder, and lead teacher in the training, Matea, has been a part of this yogic tradition since childhood.
- Open to all levels, this training is equally beneficial for someone looking to become a yoga teacher and share their passion with the world, as for someone seeking to deepen their personal yoga and meditation practice. Beyond yoga, students will be introduced to its sister science of Ayurveda. 'Ayur' translates to life, and 'Veda' knowledge, therefore Ayurveda represents the ‘science of life’, an ancient medicinal and lifestyle tradition that perfectly complements yoga. The two together form a perfect toolset for a healthy, wholesome lifestyle! Keep the body healthy with yoga asana and Ayurvedic healing and nutrition principles, maintain mental and emotional peace, and find balance with mindfulness lifestyle practices.
- Hari OM Yoga teacher training aims to deliver the highest quality yoga asana, philosophy, anatomy and Ayurveda teachings, combining experts in the respective fields and offering all the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary for the students to complete their journey.
Venue HighlightsOur Ayurvedic Wellness center is the first one of it's kind in the area, offering traditional therapy based in healing and medicinal sciences of the East. We focus on true healing and wholesome lifestyle, offering a variety of services to best assist you in finding your your optimal health and balance.
From our center to the beach, Costa Rica naturally allows practitioners to truly connect with nature. From sunrise to sunset, the ocean views become more and more beautiful, and the tropical wilderness helps brings us back to our roots. The Costa Rican selva or jungle is the best soundtrack for yoga and meditation classes. We offer yoga and meditation classes on various locations, from our downtown wellness center, to open-air decks, to the beach, in order for our retreat attendees to get the best of all local experiences.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleSample daily schedule:
8am Yoga practice
9am Breakfast break
10am - 1pm Class
2:30 - 4:30 Teaching practicum and observation
The curriculum consists of:
Yoga asana (poses) theory and practice
Introduction to different schools and styles of yoga
Yoga history and lineages
Yoga anatomy by a therapy professional
Pranayama and benefits of breathwork
Yoga philosophy and history: Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutras by Patanjali
Meditation and mindfulness in everyday life, theory and practice
Types of Meditation
Introduction to Tibetan singing bowl meditation
Introduction to Ayurveda
Introduction to Ayurvedic nutrition, spices and herbs
Connection between Ayurveda and Yoga
Using Ayurveda in Yoga classes and Yoga practice in Ayurvedic healing
Five elements, doshas (bodily constitution) and gunas (modes of nature)
Energy centers of the body, Chakras and Bandhas
Yoga ethics and the seat of the teacher
Yoga business in the modern world, intro to marketing and digital presence
Teaching practicum, group and private yoga classes
Yoga sequencing for specific types of classes
Yoga as therapy, injury prevention and management, yoga for athletes
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free