Composting the Ego – Sustainable Building & Meditation – Guatemala
- Living in the Self
- Mar 26, 2018 - Apr 2, 2018 (8 days)
- CAD $890.00 - DORM (Eight private beds, shared bathroom) CAD $990.00 - SHARED ROOM (Two beds, shared bathroom)
Composting the Ego! 7-Day Sustainable Building & Meditation Retreat – Guatemala.
Each morning will begin with quietude and introspection in ‘formal’ practice, and will then translate into the afternoons, grounding into meditative and mindful hands-on building. This maintaining of awareness in all of daily life is at the very heart and intention of Yoga. During this time you will deepen into self-inquiry meditation, enjoy daily classical hatha yoga sessions, and you will be given the applied tools and knowledge of sustainable building, learning to build both a Solar-Powered Shower and a Composting Toilet. In the spirit of conscious living, which is foundational in Yoga & Sustainable Building, all materials will be locally sourced, yet the concepts will be easily translatable to any chosen environment. Kristof & Severin both bring their years of global experience in these fields and their heartfelt commitment to sharing with others.
The Hermitage, as a practitioners retreat center, offers the perfect environment for the retreat, both with its awe-inspiring landscape and its intention to support those who are giving themselves to reflection and devoted practice. The healing waters of Lago Atitlan are nearby and the whole food meals sourced from their own gardens only contribute further to the nourishment received here. It is a truly welcomed respite.
7:00 – Yoga
8:30 – Breakfast
9:15 – Building
12:30 – Lunch14:30 – Building
16:00 – Meditation
18:00 – Dinner
18:45 – Q&A, Integration, Videos, etc.
- Daily Meditation
- Daily Hatha Yoga
- Daily Lectures on different spiritual topics
- Daily guidance and advice about integration into daily life
- Meditation Techniques from different traditions to deepen practice
- Three delicious vegetarian meals per day
- Accommodation in either the dormitory, private room or private cabin
- Access to beautiful permaculture gardens, private beach and dock for practice
SHARED ROOM (Two beds, shared bathroom) – $990