Next Horizon Functional Yoga Teacher Training
- Sun Mountain Center
- Aug 5 - 11, 2018 (7 days)
- Shared Quad Room - $1,890.00 Shared Double Room - $2,010.00 Private King Room - $3,030.00
FUNCTIONAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” Marcel Proust
Our Next Horizon as yoga teachers is to continue along our path of discovery, reveling in the journey, and deepening our awareness. From this place, our perspective can shift to embrace a broader understanding of how to serve others through functional yoga and conscious movement. Cultivate more effective skills in critical thinking, focused assessment, and expanded compassion as applied to anatomy, bio-mechanical movement, and yoga philosophy.
Experience learning from three powerful teachers – guiding you to live your yoga practice so you can teach with more integrity, wisdom, and passion. Bea Doyle, Martha McQuaid, and Ted Cox combine their individual strengths and life experience into this potent 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program – creating a sustainable, comprehensive, no-nonsense approach to functional yoga.
Join our community of like-minded individuals who are committed to serving others and embracing a more authentic life.
YA RYT 200 certificate is a prerequisite for students seeking the YA RYT 300 registration.
Module 1–Foundations of Functional Yoga
- Posture Types and Movement Impairment Syndromes
- Yoga for Cancer Care and Back Health
- Therapeutic Adjustments
- Anatomy overview–Building Blocks of the Human Body
- Bones, Muscles and Joints and their Function
- Connective Tissue, Fascia and Movement Planes
Philosophy for Today
- The Bhagavad Gita–A thorough survey of our central text
- Consciousness–Yoga is the art of studying the behavior of consciousness
- Enlightenment, the tattvas, maya, kanchukas, and malas
- The Therapeutic Wisdom of Yoga, Volume 1, Foundations, by Doug Keller. https://www.doyoga.com/bookstore.html
- The Trail Guide to the Body, 5th Editon, by Andrew Biel.
- The Trail Guide to Movement, Building the Body in Motion, by Andrew Biel
- Warrior Truth, by Ted Cox. (PLEASE READ PRIOR TO TRAINING)
A complete set of Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls is included.