Transformative Chanting Retreat
- Anahata Yoga Retreat
- 727 Bird Road, Clifton, New Zealand
- Mar 18, 2018 - Mar 26, 2018 (9 days)
- Full Price: $NZ 795 (Shared Accommodation) $NZ715 (Camping). 10% OFF Early Bird Available
Join Us For this powerful 8 Day Chanting Meditation Immersion through the time of Navaratri.
The turning of the seasons can be a time to turn inwards and gather strength from the experiences of life. It is a powerful time to clear away what is complete and open space for a way of being that is more attuned to, and nurturing of, the growing awareness/consciousness within.
Planetary energies are aligned at this time to make it auspicious for the Sadhana (practices for transformation) of Navaratri. Mantra and sacred fire ritual are some of the tools used to help carry us, with ease, into meditation states. Repetition of sacred sounds in the language of Sanskrit, create a resonance which helps to bring the whole body-mind system into balance and harmony with itself and the universe.
Over these eight days of practice, we open to the deep source of our capacity to make change, allow material and spiritual abundance, and touch our infinite creativity, as we celebrate and honour these higher aspects of ourselves.
This retreat offers opportunity to increase capacity for:
- One-pointed awareness through mantra practice, yantra meditation and sacred fire ceremony (havan)
- Observation of the mind to give space for deeper contentment and stillness with periods of silence (to allow the awareness to turn inward)
- Balance on all dimensions of being with practices of asana (postures), pranayama (to expand the vital energy), Yoga Nidra deep relaxation, and meditation in action with the practice of Karma Yoga
- Enjoying the simplicity and nourishment of balanced nutritious vegetarian meals
- Deepening connection with the beauty of nature in the majestic natural environment of Anahata
This uplifting retreat will be led by Sannyasin Atmavidya and the Anahata team.
- Daily chanting practice of the Durga Gayatri
Venue HighlightsEco yoga retreat centre in a peaceful mountain top tech-free environment bordering the stunning Abel Tasman National Park in Golden Bay. Permaculture gardens, native forest, sustainable strawbale yurt sadhana hall. Mountain top views and walks, nearby waterfall & swimming hole.
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleMorning Chanting (Every Day)
Asana Class (Tues & Thurs)
yoga Nidra (Every Day)
Meditation (Every Day) & Asana Class (Wed)
Afternoon Chanting Programme
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineDelicious, healthy & wholesome, vegetarian food is served. 3 meals a day plus afternoon tea snack. Special dietary requirements can be available upon request. Please advise in advance so we can aim to cater for your needs.
AccommodationsShared dorm rooms or camping in private tents. Shared dorm rooms available in main house (Surya), Shankaraya (pictured) or cabins. Private room or luxury yurt also available upon request.