RETURN TO WELL-BEING: Resilience & Recovery after Trauma
- Villa Serena
- Las Galeras, Dominican Republic
- Jun 6 - 9, 2018 (4 days)
- $1000 - $1400
for a four-day/ five-night retreat at the spectacular Villa Serena Retreat Center
Immerse in a heart-centered experience to cultivate a deeper connection with yourself and create a path to self-care.
Exposure to traumatic events like sexual assault, physical violence, motor vehicle crashes, and natural disasters is, unfortunately, quite common. The perception of long-term psychological harm and the need for therapy after such events are almost commonplace in our media. To some extent, the same is true for mental health workers. People now often assume that experiencing something traumatic automatically leads to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). In contrast, though, decades of research have taught us that most people are resilient in the aftermath of trauma and do not need therapy. Being resilient does not necessarily mean a lack of a reaction to a traumatic event. Rather, resilience is an ability to "SPRING BACK" or "RECOVER."
Learn the principles and practices essential for lasting resilience.
- In this retreat, we will explore factors that are often present after trauma exposure to facilitate resilience, promote recovery, and reduce the psychological harm that can follow trauma. We will delve deeply into questions, such as:
- - How do social connections help people be resilient?
- - How do I, or others, talk about what has happened in a way that is healthy?
- - How can I or others get back to life and continue to heal?
Venue HighlightsRE-DISCOVER YOURSELF IN THE SERENE SURROUNDINGS OF VILLA SERENA!
Situated right on the stunning coastline of Rincon Bay on the peninsula of Samana, Villa Serena's environment promotes healing and optimal wellness for body, mind, and soul. The resort is surrounded by palm trees, azure skies, and gently rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean boasting a 4,300 square feet of oceanfront villa on a 2-acre land and 23 spacious rooms with large private terraces overlooking the ocean.
BE REJUVENATED in an environment that's good for body, mind, and soul!
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
- Bicycles For Rent
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
AccommodationsYOUR REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
• Luxurious ACCOMMODATION
• ALL MEALS (excluding beverages and alcohol)
• Early morning yoga
• Complimentary unlimited wireless access
• Free equipment rental; bike, paddle board, kayak
• boat excursion from/to Villa Serena to the world famous Rincon Beach for an afternoon
When you register, please advise us of any special dietary requirements.
Partial scholarship is available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.