enLIGHTened India: 10 days in Rishikesh
Join Roxanna Kopp Smith and Julia Myers Patterson, as they lead a tour for 16 men & women in Rishikesh, India, a jewel of a town nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, on the banks of the Ganges. We will be there for the Hindu celebration of Diwali: the Festival of Lights, that happens once a year.
Amazing experiences have been planned for our group, including sacred ceremonies on the banks of the Ganges, fire aarti at Parmarth Niketan Ashram with special satsang, heart opening facilitated group sharing, daily meditation & yoga - kundalini, yin and hatha flow. There will be time to explore nature, hiking to waterfalls and swimming in natural pools, spending time on the banks of the sacred Ganges river, exploring a meditation cave dedicated to Lord Shiva, walking the grounds of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's ashram (where the Beatles came and studied meditation).
Imagine a sea of lights, floating down the Ganges. Tiny boats made from leaves, cloth wicks burning ghee and dancing in the current. This November you can be placing your own prayer boat in the river. For many, this is a lifelong dream to be able to experience this beautiful holiday, that also pays homage to Lakshmi, Hindu Goddess of wealth, fortune and prosperity.
We would love to have you join us! $500 deposit reserves your spot. Register on our website: https://enlightenedtours.com/
To other countries, I may go as a tourist, but to India, I come as a pilgrim. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Many special moments for our group. Here are just a few that are included in your tour:
- -10 nights at the Hotel Nirvana Palace (rates based upon double occupancy)
- -Traditional vegetarian Indian cuisine, 2 meals a day
- -An Ayurvedic Spa Treatment of your choice at the hotel Ayurvedic clinic
- -Visit to a sacred Shiva cave
- -Ceremony for our Ancestors on the banks of the Ganges (with opportunity to bring ashes for blessing and releasing)
- -Daily yoga and meditation
- -Dip in the sacred Ganges
- -Dinner in a Rishikesh home with after dinner Q&A about cultural practices
- -Special evening of palm reading, henna, street food and group talent show
- -Visit to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s ashram (aka the Beatles’ Ashram)
- -Special fire ceremony and satsang at Parmarth Niketan Ashram
- -Free time for shopping, relaxing and exploring this gem of a city
- -Farewell Banquet
- -Optional outings are available for an additional charge during free time including: hiking, waterfall swims, white-water rafting and more!
Venue HighlightsOur hotel is steps away from Parmarth Niketan Ashram and the banks of the Ganges River. Every room is equipped with a western bathroom with hot water and a western toilet. The hotel has wifi and a dining room that serves us 2 sumptuous buffet meals a day. Our group has a dedicated yoga hall where we will gather each day for yoga, meditation, and group time. The hotel has an Ayurvedic spa with practioners ready to provide nourishing spa treatments each day. One complimentary spa treatment is included with your registration. Additional treatments may be purchased on site at a very low fee.
We have been leading trips to this hotel since 2012 and the hotel owner and staff bend over backwards to ensure we have everything we could possibly need. Every guest leaves feeling as if they have family in India - and they do!
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleA typical day:
7 - 8:15am gentle yoga & meditation
8:30 - 9:30am buffet breakfast at hotel
10 - 1pm outing to Beatles Ashram
1 - 4pm free time, lunch in town
4-5:30pm hatha flow (optional)
6pm aarti and kirtan at Parmarth Niketan ashram
7:30pm buffet dinner at hotel
9pm turmeric golden milk and cookies, sweet dreams
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineAll meals are vegetarian and/or can accomodate Gluten free, vegan, dairy free and Ayurvedic.
Breakfast: oatmeal, dahl, nutella crepes, assorted fruit with peel (e.g. banana, papaya, apple), indian sambar, idli, chai
Dinner: delicious indian fare: chipati, dahl, aloo gobi, saag, paneer, pakora, curried veg, cumin rice