12 Day Ayahuasca and Plant Medicine Retreat in the Upper Amazon
- Pasourcu: Napusamai Ayahuasca Lodge
- Tena, Ecuador
- Jun 1 - 12, 2018 (12 days)
Journey into the beautiful Oriente Upper Amazon of Ecuador to immerse yourself in the solitude of the jungle, medicinal plants and the sacred ceremonial plant Ayahuasca.
Pasourcu, the pristine site where we will be staying for most of the time, is about a 45 minute hike into the forest from the road. Accommodations are basic single or shared rooms with single beds and bathrooms (depends on the number of participants if rooms are shared). There is running water but no electricity. Purified drinking water will be provided and our meals will be prepared for us, including delicious fruits and vegetables growing on the land.
Ceremonies are led by Don Luis Andi and Juan Andi.
Don Luis Andi, 65, an elder indigenous yachak (in kichwa language "the one who knows"). Since birth, he had been prepared by his father, also a renowned powerful yachak, to become a shaman. For nearly 40 years, Don Luis been practicing the use of medicinal plants of the forest, specifically to purify the blood in the treatment of diseases, and to cleanse spiritual energy with special ceremonies using essences extracted from the plants of the Amazon. Don Luis is assisted by his wife, Doña Ines Vargas, 64. Her positive energy is important to the preparation of the sacred medicine ayahuasca. She is also responsible for controlling the strength of the plant. Doña Ines is also very knowledgable on other plants used to clean and remove any negative effect during the healing process.
Juan Andi Vargas, 45, is the son of Don Luis. He has been working with the plant medicines since birth, under the guidance of his father. He has also studied under other shamans and is very passionate about healing and helping others. He organizes and runs the activities during the retreats, seeing that everyone gets individual attention and healing. He is a powerful shaman and makes use of the ancestral knowledge and the application of medicinal plants together with the wise teachers yachac healers Don Luis Andi and Don Santiago Grefa. He has also worked in Ecotourism for the past 25 years. He is assisted by his wife Irene Cerda Grefa, who also prepares the medicine with us.
*If you are currently on any anti-depressants or anxiety medication, you must stop taking them at least 6 weeks prior to the retreat (please consult with your doctor), otherwise you cannot drink ayahuasca. You will be given an application form to fill out when you book your spot. Please provide truthful information about your health/ allergies/ medical conditions on this form. Please inform us of any medications you are taking, or if you have a history of mental illness. All information provided by you will be kept confidential, and will be solely used for the purpose of this retreat. Isabel is available for phone consultations to answer any questions.
Cost: $1275.00 USD
A completed application and a $600 deposit is required to reserve your spot via Western Union.
* Price does not include roundtrip airfare to Quito or accommodations in Quito or Papallacta before the retreat. It is recommended to arrive in Quito at least one day before the retreat starts. We can reserve a room if you'd like at a BnB near the airport, it is a beautiful and quiet place. (approx $40 pp for a shared room) We will meet there and leave for Tena as a group at 9am on June 1. Plan your departure at least one day later, unless your flight leaves at midnight on June 12/13. We recommend spending one night at the end at the Papallacta Hot springs (cost is approx $50), you will be able to take a taxi to the airport from here.
To request an application form and receive more info please write Isabel at email@example.com with 'June 2018 Ecuador Amazon Retreat' in the subject line.
- Delicious, healthy meals prepared with local and organic ingredients to follow the special medicine diet
- Simple private room accommodations with bathroom and shower in each
- Guided tours to learn about different medicinal plants
- Group sharing circles and healing work with the shamans
- Participation in preparation of the Ayahuasca medicine
- 6 Ayahuasca ceremonies
- 2 Herbal Saunas
- Traditional Sunrise Temescal Ceremony
- Plant "remedy" for cleansing the blood, emetics (vomitivo), plants to cure sinus
- Tobacco Ceremony
- Kichwa cultural demonstration of traditional music and dance
- Canoe trip along the Napo river to visit a wildlife refuge zoo and overnight in a jungle lodge
- Visit to Papallacta Hot Springs
- Transportation from the BnB Quito Airport to Tena and back to Papallacta
- Spanish-English translator