100 Hour Immersion Training in Yin Yoga
- Kranti Yoga
- Canacona, Goa, INDIA
- May 5 - 19, 2020 (15 days)
- Beachfront Bijou - €2,000.00 Beachfront Cottage - €2,000.00 Garden 4 - Share - €1,172.00 Garden Twin Share Cottage - €1,480.00 Ocean Single Cottage - €1,844.00 Ocean Twin Shared Cottage - €1,580.00 Tuition Only…
BOOK EARLY TO RECEIVE UP TO A 20% DISCOUNT
100 hour Immersion Training in Yin Yoga
Kranti Yoga is delighted to offer this 100 hour Immersion Training in Yin Yoga. Join us in Patnem for this 2-week immersion course that will compliment your practice of Ashtanga Yoga or Vinyasa Flow.
This course is ideal if you would like to:
- understand the differences between Yin and Yang practices.
- know about the Meridian lines and learn anatomy from an Eastern perspective.
- develop a practice that will compliment an active yoga practice or activity.
- learn a new technique of meditation and reap the benefits of mindfulness.
- add to your Continuing Professional Development as required by the Yoga Alliance credentialing.
Yin Yoga is the perfect way to compliment the practice or Ashtanga Yoga or Vinyasa Flow. It comes from the Doasist practice of Yin and Yang which is based on opposing qualities of nature. Ashtanga Yoga is an active practice; Yin Yoga is therefore passive. If we think of the muscles as being yang and the connective tissues as being yin, the practice of Yin Yoga targets the less pliable parts of the body bringing about better flexibility and joint mobility.
The course will address how Yin Yoga uniquely stresses the meridian lines (low resistance energy pathways) in our fascia to release deeply repressed emotions that can manifest into a low sense of well-being. Students will explore what takes place in the physical and energetic body, understanding the benefits each of the postures and the overall effect on one’s sense of wellbeing. The course will discuss key Yin Yoga Philosophies with Eastern versus Western interpretations of the practice, looking at how we devise an effective Yin Yoga class based on an awareness of the flow of energy through the meridians.
The curriculum has been designed to bring together Eastern traditions and contemporary thinking, presented in a fun and progressive environment. The following modules, along with a 2 hour daily morning practice, will be covered over a 2-week period:
- What is Yin? (Yoga Philosophy and Lifestyle)
History & Key Influencers
The Main Principles of Yin Intention
Yin Yoga versus Restorative Yoga
Depth, Stillness and Duration
When to Practice
Key Health Benefits
- The Physical Body (Anatomy & Physiology)
Tension & Compression
Human Variation “What is Stopping Me?”
Muscles and Fascia
What is Fascia?
Collagen & Elastin
Stressing the Joints
- The Energetic Body (Anatomy & Physiology)
Eastern versus Western Views
Taoist Views -Qi/Meridians/Organs
- The Mind Body (Practice)
What is Mindfulness?
Mindful Breathing Techniques
- Teaching Yin (Teaching Methodology)
Setting an Intention
Appreciating Human Variances
Building a Flow
Asanas & Associated Meridians
Practical Partner Teaching Assessments
If you would like to register your hours with the Yoga Alliance as part of your CPD, you must have a 200 hour certification from a Registered Yoga School. Otherwise, applicants should have a basic understanding of what Yin Yoga is and be ready to learn in a modern, progressive environment with stunning views of Patnem Beach.