Into the Wild Wilderness Skills Retreat
Prepare yourself to experience nature like never before! This retreat will take us into the woods of Pennsylvania to connect with the land and develop a fresh lens of observation.
Using what nature provides, we’ll cover the Core 4 survival priorities: shelter, water, fire, and food. Learn what plants are edible (and taste them!), collect safe drinking water, build a fire or shelter with only what the woods provides. We'll cover related topics such as the language of birds, animal tracking, and land restoration as student interest dictates.
In addition to learning life-changing skills, we’ll have some campfire fun, paddle in the Susquehanna River, eat tasty catered meals (you won’t have to cook!), and greet the morning with outdoor yoga. In the evenings, we'll camp comfortably in cabins with modern showers.
You will come away from these 4 days with a transformed appreciation for the world we live in and some new friendships.
"My goal is to help people connect with the land to hear the voice of the land. Participants should walk away with a fresh lens of observation and see the natural world from a wider perspective." Wilson Alvarez, Wilderness Skills instructor
- Visit https://rockysretreats.com/upcoming/into-the-wild/ for full details.
- Register at: https://retreats.regfox.com/into-the-wild
- Register by June 24th for the Early Bird rate!
- From the moment you arrive at the local airport until the end of the retreat on Tuesday, you should not need money.
- Courtesy shuttle from the airport
- Morning yoga
- Catered meals
- Wilderness survival skill training covering food, water, shelter, and fire
- Animal tracking and listening to the forest
- Evening campfire and games
- Kayaking on the river
- Comfortable accommodation
- Fun goodie bag!
Venue HighlightsThe venue includes a large lake. Our cabins are lakeside and secluded from the other camping areas. There are numerous fire pits for evening socialization and relaxation under the stars. Parking is available beside the cabins
Schedule* The retreat begins 6:00pm, Saturday September 8 and ends at 2:00pm, Tuesday September 11.
* Campers may arrive between 4pm and 6pm on Sept 8 and our first meal together is dinner that evening.
* Our days will begin at 7:30am and the group will be involved in organized activities until dinner each day.
* We will travel off site for some activities.
* Evenings are reserved for socializing.
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineAll meals will be catered and dishes will accommodate dietary preferences/restrictions noted on the registration form. The catering company uses locally sourced meat and produce. 99% of their items are prepared in-house including dresses, sauces, and bread.
AccommodationsCampers will stay in cabins, each with a kitchen and bathroom, running water and electricity. No more than 3 people will be assigned to a cabin even though there are beds and space for up to 8. This will provide enough space and privacy (and shorten the line for the bathroom!).
If you are bringing friends, great! Please designate this at the time of registration so that I can place you together in the same cabin. If you are more than 3 people, please let me know your roommate preferences.
DirectionsThe closest airport is Harrisburg International (MDT) which is a small and easy to navigate airport. However, it may be easier to find a flight to Baltimore Washington Airport (BWI). The retreat cost includes a courtesy shuttle from BWI at a set time. See https://rockysretreats.com/upcoming/into-the-wild/ for details.